Can't Access DistroTube's Gemini Capsule

D

Deleted member 111282

After getting into exploring Gemini and finding some of the content interesting, I decided to see if I could watch one of DistroTube's videos on his capsule. Even though the link gemini://distro.tube, I somehow received an error message saying "Network/TLS failure". Idk how to troubleshoot this.

I have heard of Gemini but never used it, let start by which client you are using from the "Clients" section this page. TLS error in web browsers is usually that browser is trying to use an a TLS version which is not supported by the server of vice-versa so would think it could be something similar with a Gemini client.

You are aware that Distrotube also has his video's on Odysee?

I have heard of Gemini but never used it, let start by which client you are using from the "Clients" section this page. TLS error in web browsers is usually that browser is trying to use an a TLS version which is not supported by the server of vice-versa so would think it could be something similar with a Gemini client.

You are aware that Distrotube also has his video's on Odysee?

I'm using the LaGrange client. Yes, I know he's on Odysee as well, but I always have compression issues whenever I go there (but that's a different discussion).

I'm using the LaGrange client. Yes, I know he's on Odysee as well, but I always have compression issues whenever I go there (but that's a different discussion).
I will have a look when I have time which will probably be this evening or sometime tomorrow since I actually have to go in to work today.

I installed LaGrange myself and I'm also not able to connect.
2021-11-05_15_55_01.jpeg

I also tried connecting to these from the official Gemini server list
gemini://gus.guru
gemini://mozz.us
gemini://zaibatsu.circumlunar.space

The first one I get "Failed to communicated with the server" error and the other two work. So it's not a problem with your LaGrange Gemini client but with Distrotube's Gemini server since you shouldn't need to change anything about your client in order to connect.

I installed LaGrange myself and I'm also not able to connect.
View attachment 10677

I also tried connecting to these from the official Gemini server list
gemini://gus.guru
gemini://mozz.us
gemini://zaibatsu.circumlunar.space

The first one I get "Failed to communicated with the server" error and the other two work. So it's not a problem with your LaGrange Gemini client but with Distrotube's Gemini server since you shouldn't need to change anything about your client in order to connect.

How do I connect to the two that work?

What do you mean?

You said you weren't able to connect to the first server for whatever reason, but you were able to connect to the other two. How do you connect to gemini://mozz.us or gemini://zaibatsu.circumlunar.space?

What @DexTheDog said. You should see the LaGrang client as a web-browser, you shouldn't need to change any settings to connect to a Gemini Capsule(server). Type in or copy/paste the Gemini address into the address bar of LaGrange and then press enter. I just gave you those 3 as a comparison to show that 2 of them worked and one didn't so you could see that it should just work and it's a problem with Distrotube's Gemini capsule and not a problem with the LaGrange client.

What @DexTheDog said. You should see the LaGrang client as a web-browser, you shouldn't need to change any settings to connect to a Gemini Capsule(server). Type in or copy/paste the Gemini address into the address bar of LaGrange and then press enter. I just gave you those 3 as a comparison to show that 2 of them worked and one didn't so you could see that it should just work and it's a problem with Distrotube's Gemini capsule and not a problem with the LaGrange client.

I'll admit I got confused by what you said at first. I'm guessing DT needs to work out whatever problem he has with it?

I'll admit I got confused by what you said at first. I'm guessing DT needs to work out whatever problem he has with it?
Correct. It's same as when you use Librewolf and connect to linux.org or odysee.com it should just work, if you get some sort of error about connection failed or tls error than it's a problem on the webserver side unless your webbrowser doesn't support a certain tls version anymore. However with the Gemini client you can't change tls settings and I would expect Distrotube to post the details somewhere if you would need custom settings to connect to his Gemini capsule.

Latest posts