Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

1. Kennedy Projects is proud to maintain and host Linux.org. Please contact us for any Linux or hosting related services if you find yourself in a jam. - Rob / KennedyProjects.com
    Dismiss Notice

Canon Scaner

Discussion in 'Linux Hardware' started by Vic, Jun 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Vic

Vic New Member

Hi guys,

I had a mischief of buying Canon Lide 70 scanner a few years ago. I was on Windows then, and I used this scanner just a little - and it did not work well. I had to hold my breath every time I used it - otherwise this bullshit might stop and I might have to restart everything, which would take 10 minutes at least.

Then in 2011 I switched to Linux, and found that this nasty company does not support Linux and is not willing to! I have a feeling that if I buy their scanner or whatever - they kind of owe it to me! This son-of-a-bitch company did not support Linux then and it does not support it today. Over 70% of internet servers run Linux. Guys, I am very serious: I want ALL LINUX SERVERS to drop every message that contains string "Canon"! Please, let's do that!

Rob likes this.
  2. VP9KS

VP9KS Active Member

I am currently using an old Cannon FB620P (that is Parallel Port for all you hot licks out there:p:p) on an old Emachine D2880 in XP. I use it regularly to scan bills before I shred them. I have thought about trying it in Mint Cinnamon, but have yet to get up the courage.

Happy trails,:D
    Paul

3. atanere

atanere Moderator
    Gold Supporter

Printer/scanner problems almost always boil down to which model. Canon has some Linux support, but not the Lide 70 as @Vic has already found. I have had great success with HP brand products, and I think they have about the best Linux support... but even HP has some models that are not supported too. You really have to check compatibility before buying (although I realize the OP is trying to carry over his old Windows scanner to Linux well after the scanner purchase).

4. pcdoctorwestchester

pcdoctorwestchester New Member

metlwrker and Rob like this.