canon pixma ts3120 printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helpers, with respect -

Staff input at #14 and #18 is to have the Member @Jim43 start his own thread.

Please refrain from providing further input until that is accomplished.

Thank you in anticipation

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

As I said it is based on a cut down version of Ubuntu, but with added Pop coding, consequently not all the commands we use for Ubuntu will work
the link I gave is for Ubuntu, I would expect it to work but cannot make any guarantees.
Brickwizard,
Thank you for your advice. In searching, I have found on the Canon site a few *.tar.gz files listed for the series of printer I recently bought and have downloaded them to my computer. Then I went to the Files on the Desktop and to Downloads to find the files just downloaded. Next, in the Home directory I made a Printer directory and a Canon sub-directory. That is where all of the files downloaded from Canon were placed. Every time I attempted to use 'apt-get install ..' an error message would be returned that the command could not be run; there was no destination specified and the file could not be found (I had right clicked on one of the files and copied the file name then pasted (CNTL+C and CNTL+V) into the terminal window. After several such failures, I opened one of the downloaded files and clicked on one of the files that was in the *.tar.gz file. Some of the files looked at showed an 'Install' button at the top right of the page. Clicking on the Install button seemed to install the files onto the computer and there is a printer showing in the Settings, Printers menu area. But the printer does not 'see' the computer. If I follow the printer's instructions to connect to a computer or smartphone, I am instructed to follow the instrutions on the computer or smartphone, etc. to perform the operation. There was nothing showing on the computer. On my smartphone, there were instructions to install the Google app and agree to ALL conditions to continue. Many of those 'conditions' demanded by Google are, to me, far too intrusive and unnecessary. Why should Google know where I might be if I am at home wanting to print a two-page document?
Both the computer and the printer 'see' the same LAN used at home, but only the computer seems able to actually connect to it.

Thread locked.

User has been instructed to start their own thread. User has been shown how to start their own thread. User has not started their own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts