cannot start BIOS instead grub o.4.4 menu appears. im trying to boot pop!_os from a USB, any ideas?

Yes I have burnt an iso of POP!OS with balena

Then boot, using the temporary boot menu to select USB, and go ahead and install it. You have to choose the USB boot option. The easiest way to do that is in the temporary boot menu. For Toshiba, that's F12.

Then boot, using the temporary boot menu to select USB, and go ahead and install it. You have to choose the USB boot option. The easiest way to do that is in the temporary boot menu. For Toshiba, that's F12.
f12 leads me to grub4dos

OK this may sound silly but have you closed windows down [on later versions windows go's into sleep mode, this is to effect a faster startup...

try the close down option when shutting down alternatively disconnect from the mains supply and if you can pull the battery for 10 seconds to kill of all running processes, put power supply & battery back and switch on at the same time jiggling F2 or holding down ESC

OK this may sound silly but have you closed windows down [on later versions windows go's into sleep mode, this is to effect a faster startup...

try the close down option when shutting down alternatively disconnect from the mains supply and if you can pull the battery for 10 seconds to kill of all running processes, put power supply & battery back and switch on at the same time jiggling F2 or holding down ESC
ur half right i kinda fixed it by using easy bcd to write windows boot manager to mbr then i rsetted CMOS battery and tada! the toshiba loading screen cme up again and i was able to access BIOS turns out there was a BIOS setting called fast boot smh

i have no idea how but easy bcd removed that red legacy grub menu

Staff online