Cannot boot linux on new LG laptop

Try again with Balena Etcher. Rufus has caused issues with a number of folks lately.

Also, before you write the .iso to the USB drive, be sure to verify it.

Try again with Balena Etcher. Rufus has caused issues with a number of folks lately.

Also, before you write the .iso to the USB drive, be sure to verify it.
Sensational!!! It worked!!! Man you hitted it.
Have to say that I restarted from Windows 10 after using Balena for burning a Linux Mint iso, and then failed. But I insisted on getting into Bios a last time to enable legacy and check that Secure Boot was disabled and the boot order was usb 1st place. Then... appeared grub menu offering me to start linux. Yess.
I will test more times soon.

Glad you got it sorted. Rufus and UNetbootin are two that I recommend folks avoid for the time being. They've both had show-stopping bugs in the recent past and you're better off avoiding either of them.

Glad you got it sorted. Rufus and UNetbootin are two that I recommend folks avoid for the time being. They've both had show-stopping bugs in the recent past and you're better off avoiding either of them.
But now, another thing.. I installed Linux but after restarted the system and no grub appeared, Windows started alone.

I'd boot to the live USB, install grub-repair, run it, and then you're usually safe to use the recommended repair option.

I'd boot to the live USB, install grub-repair, run it, and then you're usually safe to use the recommended repair option.
Well i did it so. But the grub didn't appear and again windows started alone. Its frustrating. I am still waiting LG support.
By my own I investigate the bios manufacturer insydeh20.https://www.insyde.com/products

Wait, it's called 'boot-repair'. My bad. I was drinking wine yesterday.

Start a live USB, install boot-repair, run it, and use the proposed fix. It's automatic proposed fixes usually work unless you've got a really complicated setup. If you're using a Debian/Ubuntu/Mint then it's just 'sudo apt install boot-repair' and then run it.

If that doesn't work, repeat the process and this time post the info that it offers to post for forum use.

Members online