Can you suggest installable distro with non-persistent sessions?

V

virginia123

Hello,

I wanted to ask if you can, please, suggest security distro that is the closest to what I try to find. I have read about many distros and tried some of those but haven't found what I'm looking for.

I need system that can be installed on hard disc (encrypted) and enable two accounts, persistent and non-persistent one.

For non-persistent one I can use for example Tails (which is very good but does not support OpenVPN which is my other requirement). That would be too inconvenient to restart main operating system (installed on HDD) and boot from pendrive whenever I want to have non-persistent session.

That would be much better if I could, e.g. start PC from Linux installed on my PC and then either log to persistent account (standard one) or non-persistent which would meet several requirements:

1. supports OpenVPN
2. does not save anything on the disc at all (or securely erases content from crypto swap at the end of its session)
3. supports installation of software on non-persistent session (either to RAM or to crypto swap). (That would be advantage if it could support per-installing chosen set of software before running non-persistent session, so that it does not have to be reinstalled every time I enter non-persistent session. In that case I could also preconfigure for example kill switch firewall functionality etc.).

Is there anything you could possibly recommend?

Thanks!

Members online