Can you get Compiz to work on MATE?

M

MsPrimryn

I'm using Mint 17.1 MATE edition and have installed compiz, compiz-settings-manager, compiz-plugins, compiz-core, compiz-plugins-defdault and compiz-plugins-extra.
I went into the CCSM and enabled some of the effects but none of them show after (wobbly windows, for example). Is there something else I need to do or install?
I know the effects should work as I have tried other distros and the they worked fine (I tried MakuluLinux and effects all worked on this same laptop).
I'm really liking Mint the most but haven't been able to get these to work on this version.

Odd.
Out of the box support for Compiz
Linux Mint 17.1 MATE Edition comes with two window managers installed and configured by default:

• Marco (MATE's very own window manager, simple, fast and very stable).
  • Compiz (an advanced compositing window manager which can do wonders if your hardware supports it).
Among the various window managers available for Linux, Compiz is certainly the most impressive when it comes to desktop effects.

There's nothing quite like a rotating cube to catch everybody's attention.
- http://linuxmint.com/rel_rebecca_mate_whatsnew.php

It looks like it should be there and working. Have you chosen Compiz as Windows Manager?

Are you using proprietary drivers? Usually the open source drivers don't fully support Compiz.

It says I am using Metacity (Marco) for the window manager. How do I switch them?
Weird that it said MATE has Compiz by default as I had to install it. :|

Driver Manager says I am not using any proprietary drivers.

Members online

Latest posts