Can you change my user name for first and last time?

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Credits
I want you to name me ''Terminal Velocity'' Thank you

Can't you click this and change it yourself?

Selection_060.png

I approve name changes from new people fairly often, but I don't change the names. They must be doing so in their own profile. I suspect you have that option but maybe it's only for new users? I'd not have to approve it on an older user.

I have been inhabiting this place since April 2017.......and I did not know that option existed.
Probably because I am quite happy being who I am.

Look forward to a flood of name changes !

Can't you click this and change it yourself?

Yes, he should be able to do that himself.

@slowlearning , try it and see - if you can't do it, I can for you, but try it first.

You will get a warning that once changed, you cannot change it for 30 days or so.

The change will likely be global, meaning that all messages currently attributed to you will change ownership to being under the new name.

Avagudweegend

Wizard

I did not know that option existed.
I didn't know that either but it must have been with one of the recent forum updates since I don't remember seeing that before or I was blind.

They can do it - that is change their own names. However, I had to approve it. It popped up in the moderation queue. It only takes a second to verify who it is and approve it, so it's not a hassle. I'd still not do so often, to avoid confusion - especially if you're a long-term/regular poster.

Also, as far as how recent it was, I've been approving name changes pretty much for as long as I've been a moderator. So, I don't think it's all that recent as I've been at this for a while now and it likely predates that change.

Sometimes, the name changes come with other profile changes and they reveal that the poster is actually a spammer. They will try to change their profile to include links to gambling sites, sites that sell CBD oil, or essay writing sites - things like that.

Those folks catch the bonus ban hammer and get 'spam cleaned'.

Along the same lines:

One thing I did notice (likely not new, just previously overlooked) is the ability to give someone a sweet custom title. It looks like this:

Selection_061.png

Amen to the beach.

You can keep the beach, just send me the glass [full of course]

I'll have my beach with a couple of kilo of prawns and a bottle of thousand island dressing thanks.....and make the beer cold, please.

What was this topic about ?.......I canna remember....

What was this topic about ?.......I canna remember....

Changing usernames.

It's not an important topic, really. So, I guess it's now about beer, prawns, and beaches.

I didn't know you could change your user name either. :)

I didn't know you could change your user name either. :)

Well, now you do. As near as I can tell, a mod has to approve it and you can only do so once a month.

That could get very confusing for the rest of us

Other than typographical errors, I'm not sure why folks want to change their moniker. It's nothing of great importance.

Members online