Can not install from USB

man00

Reaction score
Credits
Trying to install Fedora Live from USB to SSD, the USB starts the process of booting and then screen goes blank.
I had this problem before but can't recall the fix.
Motherboard Asus Z97-AR.....Secure Boot is enable in bios but the option to turn it off is greyed out.
I tried changing OS type to other..didn't help
I used rufus on the ISO
Thanks

Download Etcher and try burning it with that.
What is your Video card in that Machine?

Welcome to the forums, also make sure windows quick start is disabled

Seems like I had same issue when I ran Nvida card before. This is Live Fedora, I see about 25 lines of text (I guess loading) then all goes blank

Last edited:
If you use Rufus for Redhat based iso's (i.e. Fedora) you MUST use dd mode. You cannot "burn" the USB with iso mode.
Fedora does a checksum on the image before it tries to install. iso mode will not pass the checksum test.

man00 wrote:
Secure Boot is enable in bios but the option to turn it off is greyed out.
I can't say whether this is the problem, but you should have the option of choosing Secure Boot or not in the BIOS unless there is something very unusual. The option should become available if you reset the BIOS to factory defaults which can usually be done in the BIOS itself. There are other means as well if that doesn't work. Also, if there is an option in the BIOS for running Windows or legacy, or something other than Windows, you best select that other option.

I tried everything I know to try, I'm sure it is my video card. I deleted PK key so I could turn off secure boot, didn't help.
I have old AMD 6670 video card that fan is broken, should be okay to run long enough to see if the USB fully boots

I tried everything I know to try, I'm sure it is my video card. I deleted PK key so I could turn off secure boot, didn't help.
I have old AMD 6670 video card that fan is broken, should be okay to run long enough to see if the USB fully boots
Let us know if it works.

Used my old AMD video card and all is fine...too bad fan has died. I thought it could end up being the Nvida card

Members online