BusyBox v1.30.1 (ubuntu 1:1.30.1-4ubuntu6.3) built-in shell (ash)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korhan

Reaction score
Credits
I am getting this error and cannot log into the system. I am using Dual Boot. How can I solve this error?

Attachments

• IMG_20210701_222105.jpg
    IMG_20210701_222105.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 2,040

are we supposed to guess what OS you are running and on what make and model of pc and what steps you have taken (if any) to correct this problem?

my crystal ball is on the blink atm

are we supposed to guess what OS you are running and on what make and model of pc and what steps you have taken (if any) to correct this problem?

my crystal ball is on the blink atm

Computer make and model: Lenovo Ideapad 3 81W1005QTX.
System:
CPU: Ryzen7 3700u.
GPU: Radeon Vega 10 Graphics.
8GB Ram
512GB SSD
I didn't do anything to fix this problem.

BE CAREFUL....CHOOSE THE CORRECT PARTITION

(Personally I would use the livecd/usb stick)

My guess is that you have the filesystem corrupted or broken in any way, but it's easy to fix,

Everything can be done from the Ubuntu live CD. Boot from there, and check which one is the partition where you have ubuntu installed on (sda1, sda5...). You can do it easily using Gparted. Even from there, you can right click on the partition and select "verify".

If you want to do it from the command line, just type:

fsck /dev/sda1 (being sda1 the partition where you have ubuntu installed).

And it will fix the ext4 filesystem problems. If you're getting too much questions while using it, add the "-a" switch to it:

fsck -a /dev/sda1

I have to tell you that use this with precaution. If the data is sensitive there, first make a backup if you can from the livecd to someplace else.

After the filesystem is fixed, you should be able to boot normally in ubuntu again.

Hope this helps you with that.

PS....if this a new install, you can always install again straight over the top of the current Kubuntu os....no need to format. It may be a good idea to verify the download of Kubuntu. Try the live cd/usb stick approach first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts