Brighten Up Your Day - GRUB Menu Theming - Wizards Corner

This from my Voyager GNOME (Bullseye) - Debian GNU/Linux distro.

89zzkSg.jpg

Wiz

I had forgotten until today how much I like this one. It is from Emmabuntüs a Debian-based distro from France. It took the primary partition spot after updates.

42B1lZF.jpg

Wiz

I need to do this.

And done lol!

Attachments

• IMG_20221003_140745503.jpg
    IMG_20221003_140745503.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 418
LOL If I see a GRUB menu, something has gone terribly wrong and I hope I can fix it.

My wife at the beach

Attachments

• IMG_20221003_154013002.jpg
    IMG_20221003_154013002.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 612
LOL If I see a GRUB menu, something has gone terribly wrong and I hope I can fix it.
If you mess up you can Timeshift it back to the norm. already had to do that lol!

@NORD I liked both your shots, but loved the one with the wife.

The combination of light and shadow, the ripples of water, really makes for a good image.

I know it seems to some like a gimmick, or unnecessary, but I just find it uplifting, and an enhancement to what is already a joy for me, and that is Linux.

Cheers

Chris

This one I call "Retro", it is from Linux Mint 21.1 'Vera Xfce I have just installed.

6sAHY7M.jpg

Something's wrong with my phone camera, it shakes ;)

All those Grub themes look really cool but I actually have to admit I have never took the time to set one up because I don't really care what my Grub menu looks like since I only see it for about 5 seconds once a day.

Bacardi 151

I'm way too old for 151... I am pretty sure the last time I drank 151 was when I was an undergrad - and I was already too old for that.

I'll happily join you with a rye or malt.

I'm way too old for 151... I am pretty sure the last time I drank 151 was when I was an undergrad
1983 /84 in the Army I was killing a bottle a month at least. Last year in Kentucky I picked up a couple of bottles of StillHouse Coconut moonshine. It comes in a red steel can like the old turpentine ones, 10 bucks at the time. Got 1 left. So a few weeks ago I grabbed Bacardi Coconut rum. For a little shot of sweet. I am actually making some Coconut lemon and mango chicken Sunday. I like coconut.

86004-Stillhouse-Coconut-Whiskey01.jpg

Coconut, in any of its many forms, will make the mouth feel of just about any dish that much better !

All those Grub themes look really cool but I actually have to admit I have never took the time to set one up because I don't really care what my Grub menu looks like since I only see it for about 5 seconds once a day.

^ THIS - kinda? I only see it if I push the SHIFT button during boot. Otherwise, I never see it. As it is, I barely decorate my desktop because, again, it's not something I see.

My grandson Samuel, aged 5 says "Sharing is caring, or you don't get a burrito on Friday nights".

I like a good burrito, so I'll share. :)
Since people are keeping this thread alive, I gotta say something about this statement.

Am I the only one to take notice that a 5 year old boy views a burrito as a reward for good behavior in Australia? A burrito? In Australia? True blue, mate?

LOL, yeah we're pretty multicultural here, Mate - we eat Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Greek, Italian, Thai, Korean, even KFC.

Everybody's a burrito fan.

The son's missus is from Peru. I lovingly call her 'the burrito maker'.

I also love Peruvian cuisine. She's a welcomed addition to the family.

I can roll all sorts of things, but not a soft-shelled taco or a burrito. So, having an in-law burrito maker is a positive. She's welcome to come make me dinner any time she wants.

I'll take a Gyro with Tzatziki over a burrito any day. I make both at home. Takes about 30 minutes cutting the meat, massaging in the spices then roasting slow takes about 8 hours. MMMMM. I can make Baklava, but the Phyllo is a pain, 3 layers, butter each to make on layer then the mix, then 3 more layers.... Rather just make Tiramisu, whipped cream, use Angel Food cake instead of lady fingers, coffee, cream cheese instead of Maricopa, much creamier and melts in the mouth.