Brave Browser

• Thread starter Deleted member 101831
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 101831

Hello Linux.org,

I read a lot about Brave Browser so I installed it and am learning about it while using.

Others who are using Brave Browser please post why you are using Brave Browser.

Thanks.

Thanks there Wizard.

I don't know much about Brave Browser but figured I'd give it a spin and see what it's about.

At the moment it's OEM default OOTB although I have gone through the settings and configured it as best as I could.

Some things I'm going to have to lookup and learn what they are so I know how to configure them.

Brave pretty much reminds me of Chromium and Google Chrome.

I'm not a big fan of Google Chrome or anything Google for that matter.

Anyway I'll give Brave a chance and see what it has to offer and who knows perhaps I can get to have Google Earth again maybe / maybe not.

Brave browser is the best browser I have seen
•Its the fastest browser
•With in-built as blocker(works very well)
•Consumes much lower ram than Chrome
•It has all the features that are in Chrome(most popular browser in the world )
•lots of customisation
•beautiful asthetics and a great UI
•and lastly, Google Chrome sucks

•Its the fastest browser
•With in-built as blocker(works very well)
•Consumes much lower ram than Chrome
It appears to be really fast and doesn't seem to use a lot of ram compared to other browsers and the built in ad blocker does appear to work well.

•lots of customisation
Brave does have / offer a lot of options in the settings.
Google Chrome and Chromium also offer similar settings.
There are some settings in Brave that I'm not familiar with yet.

•It has all the features that are in Chrome (most popular browser in the world )
It does appear to have many of the same settings.

•beautiful asthetics and a great UI
I'm using the dark mode.
I didn't care for the light mode.

•and lastly, Google Chrome sucks
I'm not a Google Chrome fan at all.

Thanks Harshith Reddy.

I've been using brave on android for years now, it's the best browser out there. I browser hopped initially, tried most of the major browsers, opera, dolphin, several others. Brave is quick and blocks pretty much everything. Used to love Firefox, but brave is so much better.

have you tried brave
They're both equally good
you should try it
I don't like the fact that Brave has a rewards system, I have Chromium as a backup browser installed in case I want to test something in another browser.

you can completely turn off the rewards system and get the best experience
also you can remove the rewards icon from the url bar
also chromium is the most basic browser

Brave pretty much reminds me of Chromium and Google Chrome.
Maybe because Brave, like damn near every browser available, is based on Chromium.

Long live Firefox! (Firefox is NOT based on Chromium.) :)

I sure would like to see more competition in this market. Imagine if you only had ONE Linux distro to choose from, like Ubuntu-only, with it's variants. That's almost what the browser market has become. Dominance is a bad thing, even if they provide good products... this partly explains my love-hate relationship with Google.

you can completely turn off the rewards system and get the best experience
also you can remove the rewards icon from the url bar
also chromium is the most basic browser
I only need my secondary browser to be basic since I rarely use it, all my productive tasks I do with my main web-browser.

Hey
It also has a built-in tor browser check that out
One of the things I was going to do since I've never used tor browser.

I've been using brave on android for years now, it's the best browser out there. I browser hopped initially, tried most of the major browsers, opera, dolphin, several others. Brave is quick and blocks pretty much everything. Used to love Firefox, but brave is so much better.

I've done some browser hopping and used Vivaldi browser for a bit but didn't care for it just way to many things to tick and mess up if ya wasn't paying attention.

According to the browser stats, it's blocked 1.5m ads and trackers and saved me 21hrs of time. It does everything that Firefox and a bunch of add ons used to do, but quicker.
I gotta say that OOTB Brave's ad block does work well as I haven't seen any ad yet.

As for everything Brave does not sure yet but it takes me where I search for.

Members online

Latest posts