Booting from a USB

Fweezal

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, all. My initial post and I think it's a doozy!

I started out running the latest version of KDE Neon 5.18 on my hard drive. It was running great. Then, I wanted to see if I could install Ubuntu 20.04 beta onto a USB flash drive which I did and it worked fine. However, I'm not real fond of the Ubuntu so I figured I just go back to using Neon. Here's where it gets dorked up. It seems Ubuntu installed grub on my KDE drive. Thankfully, I didn't format the USB drive. But, I can only boot with the USB drive in. I'd rather have my initial set-up restored to where it was without Ubuntu as part of the picture. Can this be done? If so, how? I've tried rebuild the grub, tried using RescuTux, but to no avail. I'd REALLY love some help with this as I don't want to do a complete reinstall of Neon just to get rid of having to boot off the USB drive.

As a follow-up: I tried every app I could get my hands on and no joy. I wound up backing up what was I wanted on the drive, opened gparted, and deleted the partition. After creating new partitions, I just reinstalled the OS. Lesson learned. I won't be doing THAT again. :rolleyes:

Members online