Boot repair

Unity 8 is being developed

I'll root for you, but Unity 8 has been in development for ages. I did some digging and came back with this article from 2016:

Linux just keeps me learning.

Yup. And it is awesome.

I also really like the systems that come with a "minimum installation" option. Peppermint and Ubuntu both have that.

Not so much Ubuntu anymore, though it's still possible to do so. Rather than go into the details and mess them up, the minimum version was a by-product of how the developers did their workflow to develop Ubuntu. They changed their workflow and, as such, the minimal install is gone. From memory, the last minimal Ubuntu was 18.04.

You can still get an older one and just upgrade to newer versions, but the official minimum install is no more. You can also build out from netboot, so I'm told.

I installed Ubuntu 20.04, 21.04 and 21.10 with minimum install so might be the upcoming version without minimum.

Wait, you and I are likey probably talking about different things. You're referring to the installer, I was thinking of the minimum install .iso that Ubuntu made until just recently. My bad...

Somehow, I have always been able to figure it out....

Usually on my own, but sometimes with the help of a search engine. I don't mind reading the manual and tinkering.

At 11 years, there's a link in my signature where you can 'vote' to indicate how long you've currently been using Linux. If you haven't already done so, there's also a member's introduction section.

G'day @grr8d8 - your enthusiasm shows no bounds, I like that.

On

I can't quite believe that I have used linux for 11 years and so far the only question I have had to ask is "how to mount my external hard drive". Somehow, I have always been able to figure it out.....it came very easily which surprised me coming from Windows.

... similar paths in life, right down to the 11 years. :)

there's also a member's introduction section.

Here https://www.linux.org/forums/member-introductions.141/

Now a hint here is that you could take that signature of yours, put its content in an intro, and then come up with a new, shorter signature.

But then I am a cheeky bugger, as anybody here can attest, and I figure I can get away with it with a fellow Commonwealther ;)

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

As for the learning curve, I can't quite believe that I have used linux for 11 years
A lot of it is down to mind set, once I decided to ditch windows completely [around 20 yrs ago] yes I had problems, and back then a lot of the support sites were still on the elitist side, so I had to search for answers that I could understand, But it never put me off, In fact I found it part of the fun, to be a success as an average user you need to kick off your shoes grab a beer, go with the flow, & enjoy the ride, If you suffer from a lack of patience you will struggle to succeed.

Staff online

Members online