Bluetooth not working - no adapter, driver after recent update

Som_Olli

Reaction score
Credits
Hi,
was advised by board to start new thread

As said I'm new to Linux and actually like it but it's a much bigger challenge than expected. I'm trying a lot, need to get used to commands and reading a lot online.
I'm running Razer Blade laptop.
Kernel: 4.15.0-91-generic x86_64 bits: 64 gcc: 7.4.0
Desktop: Cinnamon 3.8.9 (Gtk 3.22.30-1ubuntu4) dm: lightdm Distro: Linux Mint 19 Tara
Machine: Device: laptop System: Razer product: Blade v: 6.06
Mobo: Razer model: Razer serial: UEFI: Razer v: 3.03 date: 09/12/2017

Bluetooth was gone after update, I believe Grub2. I downloaded driver what I could get directly from Razer website for open configurations - didn't work. There's a driver version but Windows-based. After reading a lot online, I tried all recommendations I could gather (Bluez, Blueman, others I cannot remember all names and deleted already).
I also used timeshift hoping it would resolve but driver and adapter are gone. Tried to order a linux-compatible dongle, out of stock. I tried what I could get from the linux application manager, started installing but commands stopped, Most certainly I did something wrong, there were several options possible, terminal reply error.

I think, you must look for driver linux your dongle key. and then may be need installing with command line.... I have 2 mouse with key USB and work on WIN and Linux without problem . Look for key usb, on the web, for linux, more are for WIN. In the last, Have you sure HW for Bluetooth is working? Salute.

You can check your bluetooth status in the terminal -- systemctl status bluetooth.service
And then if it's disabled you can enable it -- sudo systemctl enable bluetooth.service
Then restart.