Bluetooth blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

anneranch

Reaction score
Credits
This is more less an academic , hence no real answer expected , question.

I have been experimenting AKA writing a low level C++ code to gain better understanding of how Bluetooth works.
i am making some progress with my code, however, I was using my OS - Ubuntu (21.04) for verification...
So - I was under the impression that Bluetooth works similar to USB and that my OS will somehow attempt to automatically acknowledge "nearby Bluetooth devices"
I have unknown "Bluetooth dongle" connected to my PC. It generally functions as expected.
I have two powered on Bluetooth device NEXT to my PC - Raspberry PI and "boom box" .
After PC boot and after opening OS Bluetooth manager ( whatever it is ) I get my "boom box" state as "disconnected". Then I click on that "disconnected " and get anothed dialog where I select "remove device" .
Then I get what I call "DOS delete file " syndrome - yet another dialog asking for confirmation ("are you sure ?") , hence I select "disconnect" again. Then my original dialog - with message " not setup" pops up and after it is clicked on, again , then my boom box gets "connected" and blasts away.

I have to repeat this "long way around the barn" each boot.
My opinion / guess is that Ubuntu OS handling of Bluetooth is on back burner....

No, I am not about to switch to different OS, but wonder if others OS "boom boxes" would come on after successful boot without hurting my hand clicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.