BlueMaxima's Flashpoint Webgame Project SOLVED

Alexzee

Reaction score
Credits
A friend of mine told me about this {Blue Maxima's Flashpoint} a couple of days ago.

After reading the Download page it says that there are some prerequisites like C++ in order to work on a Linux system.

Here's the FAQ's:

C++ wasn't in my Software Center in Debian 10 Buster Gnome. Using dpkg -L C++ wasn't installed, so I'll have to find C++ in the Debian repos. I was wondering .........

Has anyone tried this and got it working under Linux?

If you’re talking about the visual C++ redistributable, that’s a Windows only thing.
You won’t find any packages called C++ in your repos. I don’t know if the VC++ redistributable is required for the Linux build. But it might be needed if you run a Windows version of Flashpoint via wine. IDK. But in that case, your best bet would be to download that library from Microsoft.

If you’re talking about the visual C++ redistributable, that’s a Windows only thing.
You won’t find any packages called C++ in your repos. I don’t know if the VC++ redistributable is required for the Linux build. But it might be needed if you run a Windows version of Flashpoint via wine. IDK. But in that case, your best bet would be to download that library from Microsoft.
Thanks for the information.

I'm not sure at this point if I'll download it because I'm not sure how to launch it:-

I think I'll go back to games that I can find on Steam.

I think i am going to try this later when I'm off the clock. If it's an exe, then installing it with wine it should not be a problem and just download vcrun from the Microsoft homepage and install it into wine and download NET 4.8 offline and do the same.

here is how you do it.
# Change the working directory to your home directory
# Create the required directories
mkdir --verbose --parents opt/flashpoint/{launcher,data}
# Get the new flashpoint launcher (version 10.1.1)
cd opt/flashpoint/launcher
7z x ./Flashpoint-10.1.1_linux-x64.7z
rm -v Flashpoint-10.1.1_linux-x64.7z
# Because PHP and QEMU are not killed correctly upon exit, create this launch script:
cat << EOF > flashpoint
#!/bin/sh
cd $HOME/opt/flashpoint/launcher
$HOME/opt/flashpoint/launcher/flashpoint-launcher
killall php
killall qemu-system-i386
EOF
sudo install -D -m 755 -o root -g root ./launcher /usr/local/bin/launcher
# Get Flashpoint 10.0 Infinity
cd ../data
tar --extract --verbose --file=./flashpoint-10-linux-x64.tar.gz
rm --verbose ./flashpoint-10-linux-x64.tar.gz

Skærmbillede fra 2022-01-02 16-21-35.png

Last edited:
kibasnowpaw,
How would I back out of everything if Flashpoint doesn't install correctly?

delete the folder in home that should do it.

I'm looking for a game controller online.
I think I'll go with the Logitech Gamepad F310.

I'd go with the Steam controller but it's a little pricey as is the PS4 controller.

Here's the link where I was looking for controllers for Linux:
You cant get a Steam controller anymore anyhow unless you get it used from my understanding. i use a PS4 or a Xbox one controller depending on the game.

You cant get a Steam controller anymore anyhow unless you get it used from my understanding. i use a PS4 or a Xbox one controller depending on the game.
Thanks for the info. on the Steam controller.
I'll try the Logitech F310 and see if that works. It should.
If lsusb see's it I'm in business and can install Flashpoint.

Members online