Black screen when installing Manjaro

DikWipe69

Reaction score
Credits
I downloaded Ubuntu and I didn't enjoy it so I tried to run Manjaro instead but after I get past the first part where I set my time zone and stuff I get a black screen with a white line on the top left of the screen. How can I fix this, keep in mind im a noob at linux...

I'll make you a deal. :)

I'll try to help you with your Manjaro issues, if you consider a name change of your userID. This is a family-oriented website, and some Members might take offense at it. Worse, we have have some young people here who are as young as 14 - 16, and who are already actively helping others, and if their parents are monitoring their children's internet activities, they might withdraw them, if they see names such as yours.

Australian to Canadian - we are Allies and Friends :) ... and I know, I turn 62 in a few weeks, which makes me old enough to be your grandfather ... but I DO run 90 Linux including 6 Manjaro's, so that might make me a little cooler?

That being said, if someone else helps you, that's fine.

Just a little brainstorming from me on questions for which you might want to have the answers ready whether for me or another -
  • You're working from Windows, yes? Which version - 7, 8, 10 ?
  • What method did you use to burn the Manjaro .iso and is it to USB stick or DVD?
  • Did you verify the download using a hashsum checking method using MD% or SHA1, SHA256?
  • Which Manjaro? The exact name of the .iso will help.
  • Can you tell us the brand, model, and any specs on the desktop/laptop you are using?
There will likely be more questions, so patience is required to get the best answer.

Do consider what I have asked, and

Avagudweegend, eh?

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

BTW - a belated happy birthday for a week ago :)

I'll make you a deal. :)

I'll try to help you with your Manjaro issues, if you consider a name change of your userID. This is a family-oriented website, and some Members might take offense at it. Worse, we have have some young people here who are as young as 14 - 16, and who are already actively helping others, and if their parents are monitoring their children's internet activities, they might withdraw them, if they see names such as yours.

Australian to Canadian - we are Allies and Friends :) ... and I know, I turn 62 in a few weeks, which makes me old enough to be your grandfather ... but I DO run 90 Linux including 6 Manjaro's, so that might make me a little cooler?

That being said, if someone else helps you, that's fine.

Just a little brainstorming from me on questions for which you might want to have the answers ready whether for me or another -
  • You're working from Windows, yes? Which version - 7, 8, 10 ?
  • What method did you use to burn the Manjaro .iso and is it to USB stick or DVD?
  • Did you verify the download using a hashsum checking method using MD% or SHA1, SHA256?
  • Which Manjaro? The exact name of the .iso will help.
  • Can you tell us the brand, model, and any specs on the desktop/laptop you are using?
There will likely be more questions, so patience is required to get the best answer.

Do consider what I have asked, and

Avagudweegend, eh?

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
haha, thanks for the help. I am trying KDE right now and the white line is appearing at the bottom left behind alot of the code or whatever when I go to install it. Btw it would kill my heart t ochange my name. This is the name I use for everything and that being said if there are people that are sensitive to this name then thats a bit well... you know.... anyways I hate our sensitive society lol but I really apreciate your imput and stuff cause I suuuuck at Linux so far. :)

And thanks for the birthday wishes buuuut... my birthday is actually on the 30th, I just always change the date to make myself an adult so sorry to ruin t
BTW - a belated happy birthday for a week ago :)
he “moment” haha.

Staff online