Black Screen OR Corrupted-Looking Screen After Suspend.

That's his dog, Belle, goes Ruff, short on words :)

Good advice, though, Brian is a fellow Aussie. Saved me asking it of you, helps to be sure what you went to download is what you get on your computer, even though it comes from an official site (and good on you for getting it from there ;))

Later

Wiz

Just a BTW, when I first started with Linux, had Ubuntu on board (having blown away Windows 7), went to download Linux Mint 17.0 'Qiana' from the official site, it turned into an overnighter, and the end result did not work properly, so I put on Zorin, then went back and got Mint right. So it's worth the effort. :p

Just a couple of late comments to the party here.... First: Welcome to the forum! Glad you've been getting some excellent help and seem to have now identified the problem you were having.

Second: This site has a lot of good tips that you might like for Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon. You don't need to follow each one, but it's a good review of things that you may want to do. Among the many tips there is the one that Wizard most often recites to people: Turn on your firewall. The firewall is not enabled by default in Mint, so this is always a good first step to help keep your system secure. You can use CTRL-ALT-T to open a terminal, and issue the command sudo ufw enable. Enter your password when prompted (you won't see any echo as your type) and the firewall will now activate and automatically launch every time you boot your computer.

Cheers

Thanks for the help. I know the basic ins and outs of mint now, i just am not really good with the not-so-basics. Bios, uefi, operating systems arent really something i ever paid attention to and learned. Ill be getting it all very soon though:D

Members online