Black Screen on Kali

E

enesdikme

I think I've just screwed up everything on my Kali .I wanted to install nvidia driver. http://docs.kali.org/general-use/install-nvidia-drivers-on-kali-linux
I've followed the whole documentation above, then rebooted .
But now , all I see is black screen.I doubt of something but I'm not really so sure about it. I think the problem might be 2 GPU's on my laptop .
Because , when I type < lspci|grep-i vga > I see 2 GPU's listed . One is , Intel HD Graphics, the other is nvidia .
I have installed nvidia driver successfully but how can I solve this issue and get my GUI back :( ?

Thank you all for reading ...

Did you startx?

Well , while I'm on GRUB Bootloader Screen , I can choose either Windows 8 or Debian(Kali Linux) or Debian (Kali) Recovery Mode .

Then it starts to load up quickly but it turns out black screen :(
It had happened a year ago when I was on Backtrack 5r3 ; I also couldn't succeed in using my nvidia GPU in BTr3 ; there was no solution on the whole internet .

I haven't tried startx , because I am very newbie on Linux ; but just wanted nivida Gpu to work because I wanted to use CUDA :(

How can I type startx?

dy1t9f.png

It's like that ...
But If ı type these things above , can I use my nvidia Gpu instead of intel Hd ?

I've tried it with VMWare it makes me uncomfortable in some ways :) Think I love multiple boots :D :( But couldn't get my nvidia work both these Penetration Systems ... And also I want to try Hackintosh but i know there will be a problem because of that "Optimus"

From my understanding your issue is that the display is not being selected, the above fix should get you the GUI back. I do not know if you're driver is operational.

Actually , I think the solution is about being able to disable the integrated Graphic Chipset . I know it's impossible(Maybe possible in Linux :p) because there 's no option in my BIOS about choosing the GPU's

I am pretty certain my above fix should work. You shouldn't have to disable the Intel chip.

I 'm going to try it of course but I'm just a bit desperate :( It's pretty confusing ,even installing the drivers in Linux ...

And maybe I should have looked for Intel Graphics Driver for Linux .
I think , this can be the only way that can make 2 of the GPU's work at the same time .(Optimus supported in Linux ? :rolleyes:) Or I should choose one :(

I doubt it, at least not easily. The whole point of Kali is to use the least amount of resources to do a task. That is why they took Debian and stripped it to the bones and then rebuilt it. It was tailored specifically so that all the tools and features would work properly. If it wasn't needed, it wasn't added. The only purpose for a GPU in Kali is cracking passwords.

Members online

Latest posts