BIOS not loading

vidisad

Reaction score
Credits
I built WS and Installed Mint 18.03 a few years ago. Everything was working fine until now. The OS is installed in 250 GB SSD. We had power outage and one day after that I got message that GRUB is corrupted. I couldn't fix it so I purchase a new 1TB SSD HD. Used live DVD to install Mint 20. When Mint was loaded and installed I was asked to take out live CD and reboot. However newly installed OS couldn't be loaded. Even BIOS couldn't be loaded. I don't know what to do to fix that issue. Any help would be highly appreciated.

G'day vidisad, and Welcome to linux.org

When you made the CD....did you run it to test it ?....in other words run it 'Live'..?

Yes, I installed the OS on the same CD to another machine and everything runs fine there... There is some new development with this issue.....I tried two times to reinstall the OS from the same CD. Both times it would install it but couldn't boot installed OS from HD. Now it even can't be installed. CD is spinning, CD ROM's led is blinking but just a few seconds and nothing is happening. I can hear only the computer fans. OS on CD now can't be installed to the ROM. I'm assuming the power blackout killed something. Could be it damaged power supply or something else.

You appear to have fallen through the cracks !

Have you had any success ?

To add to the above, it certainly sounds like a hardware issue, and the fans shouldn't come on if the problem is the power supply.

Members online