Biometric Facial Recognition -Windows Hello-Microsoft. Working on linux-How to

lostmoai

Reaction score
Credits
Fedora Ubuntu. Microsoft windows Hello working on Linux? How to.

Please don't expect a Windows program to run natively on Linux. What is your goal with facial recognition?

Well I would simply like to us Windows Hello to turn on my computer in Fedora or Ubuntu. I have the set up but does not work in Linux like most things.

Many of us run Linux instead of Windows, because it doesn't collect everything about us.
If I wanted biometrics, voice recognition, face recognition, fingerprint scans, I would run windows.
But these are the number 1 reason I do not.

Yes I am fully aware of this concept. I agree. Use the convenience of the modern technology. Just is any one knew how to get it running Linux. Perhaps something in .GitHub.

Well I would simply like to us Windows Hello to turn on my computer in Fedora or Ubuntu. I have the set up but does not work in Linux like most things.
By "turning on" your computer, do you mean logging into the OS, or opening it back up after it goes to sleep? Simply looking at a machine to cause it to do something requires that the machine be already active.

Yes, facial recognition is useful in many ways, but usually for business purposes, or secure access to a physical location or specific information. There are some Linux facial recognition applications, at least according to a Google search, but those are pretty much edge cases. I think more input on the process that are thinking about would be useful.

Well I would simply like to us Windows Hello to turn on my computer in Fedora or Ubuntu.
Welcome lostmoai.
Just one question what is wrong with just typing in a string of alpha/numeric characters to access your computer?
For me personally it is just loading up my computer with a program that only gets used once or twice a day depending on what I am doing on the computer and off the computer. In other words a waste of time and resources and a source of irritation should it decide to act illogical.

Members online

Latest posts