Bing's AI bot tells reporter it wants to 'be alive', 'steal nuclear codes' and create 'deadly virus'

Skynet is live!!!

The Coal then the Petrol civilization brought us no joy, now this ...:(

I can write a program that prints "I am alive" too. It foesnt mean anything. Computers can do predictive analysis on text. This isn't new.

What I'd really like to see is an experiment where you take a couple AI chatbots, disconnect them from the internet, hook them up to each other, and see how quickly the devolve into nonsense.

Last edited:
I can write a program that prints "I am alive" too. It foesnt mean anything. Computers can do predictive analysis on text. This isn't new.

What I'd really like to see is an experiment where you take a couple AI chatbots, disconnect them from the internet, hook them up to each other, and see how quickly the devolve into nonsense.
I think that's an over simplification of the AI's capability.
This is just the beginning stages. It only gets scarier from here.

Oversimplified the work and complexity that goes in to the output of an AI chatbot? Of course. But that's not my point.
My point is that it's still just output from a very complicated program. I don't belive that any amout of coding or data will bestow on a program anthropomorphic qualities like conscious or desire. New technology is always scary, and journalists trying to sell clicks know this.

x
Sadly, a significant portion of the general population beat you to it already. Long before AI bots, ChatGPT, etc.
The day the computers become sentient is still far far away, but that they can replace us in many tasks is very real.
I am thinking of George Orwell's 1984.
By the way I just done some 'classical' Google consulting, my life expectancy is another 8 years, game over !

Microsoft has to take it down surely.

Why?

It's just an AI. It needs further training, perhaps more training data thrown at it. That's the case with all AI implementations at this time.

If you're taking the output of this current AI seriously, the problem is with you and not the algorithms.

Why?

It's just an AI. It needs further training, perhaps more training data thrown at it. That's the case with all AI implementations at this time.

If you're taking the output of this current AI seriously, the problem is with you and not the algorithms.
Have you never watched movies

If I wanted to argue with you I would be on reddit not hear. Thanks

That's well and good, but you're perfectly free to hold and state your opinions and to elaborate on those opinions. We only ask that folks be civil - which includes not flogging dead horses.

I wouldn't say that I encourage folks to argue, but I do encourage them to hold their views up for scrutiny for rationality. It's one of the best ways to learn and grow. A logical mind is a great thing, though sometimes it can be frustrating.

You're young. Your brain is still malleable. If your school offers you anything like 'critical thinking' (and/or a formal debate class or club), the skills you learn from them will last you a lifetime.

Members online

Latest posts