Best linux distro for beginner

fitz.leo

Reaction score
Credits
Hello there!
I am new to Linux. In school we are using Ubuntu 18.04 and I started to like it. I am a beginner C++ programmer (I know the basics) and I have just started to learn java and some python. So I was wondering which is the best Linux distro for me as a beginner? I have read that Arch or Gentoo are good for start, but I can't choose one. I have also read that Debian is not recommended for beginners so that's why I am convincing. Any help?
p.s. Is Elementary OS the best looking Linux distro?

hello my friend . i am new to linux too i was looking for a distro thats easy to use and can handle games too , THIS is what i came across , its called pop os and its ubuntu based
hope it helps

Hey there! After switching from 3 distributions, each with hours of my personal research put into them, my recommended for any beginner is Pop!_Os by System76.
https://system76.com/
Simple, easy to navigate and use, plus all sorts of support for it. By default, it uses the Gnome desktop enviroment, but I recommend installing KDE Plasma on it.

Hello there!
I am new to Linux. In school we are using Ubuntu 18.04 and I started to like it.
If you are already using Ubuntu 18.04 and like it then stick with it imo.

Arch Linux is not for the beginner.
Don't know nothing about Gentoo.

Members online