Best Free Blogging Platform IYO

davidd

Reaction score
Credits
Hey what's up everybody I've been thinking about starting a blog and I wanted to know what you guys think is the best free blogging platform that I could use in your opinion. I'd like to start a blog to discuss everything from the rapid advancement of technology and in artificial intelligence to the international politics that are going on in the world to computers and free thinking. Also just a place to post my personal thoughts and stuff as well as interesting videos and articles that I may find that I want to keep a track of. So I just thought I'd ask a bunch of Linux users where they would go to find a free blogging platform. Thank you

Your own web hosting and WordPress.

You can get cheap hosting and even free hosting, but it's best to own your data. If something goes pear shaped, you can take your data with you and keep your site running. As for free hosting, you generally get what you pay for but I'm told there are some good companies out there.

Here's a Markdown Blogging software, which generates static HTML for you, it comes with many pre build themes or you can create some. You can set it up to create RSS, several peossibillities to comment. As well as various statitics etc. There are packages in every major distribution and even in BSDs. After you wrote the Markdown just run "hugo" and upload the HTML to your webserver.

Members online

Latest posts