Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

Best Distro for Laptop?

Discussion in 'Laptops / Netbooks' started by Louis Aparicio, May 20, 2017.

1. rockysingh

rockysingh New Member

guys I am a new to linux can you please advice me regarding linux installation ,should I install it on my Mac air with dual boot, or Asus windows notebook same specs or usb install and which distro to start with

(Log in to hide this advertisement)

2. Bayou Bengal

Bayou Bengal Active Member

Hi Rocky, sorry to say this but there is no real answer to your question. This is because each user is different. There are literally hundreds of versions of Linux out there, free to test or try out.

The best answer to your question is for you to download as many versions of Linux that interest you. Burn them to a bootable USB or DVD and test them that way. No need to install until you decide which YOU like best. A good place to start and read up on all the different versions is distrowatch.org. Once you have made a decision you can start a new thread about dual booting with that version, and we can help you set that up.

3. VP9KS

VP9KS Well-Known Member

Update, I flushed Win XP and now have Mint Cinnamon installed on the hard drive.:D Seems to run just fine. I had tried to load Slackware 14.2, but the Hardware just would not complete the install:(:(. Oh well, at least i got rid of XP:D:D.
    Happy Trails,
    Paul

atanere and wizardfromoz like this.
  4. wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz Super Moderator
    Staff Member Gold Supporter

We'll make a Spice Lover of you yet, Paul? :D

Wiz

VP9KS likes this.
  5. VP9KS

VP9KS Well-Known Member

Oh, I have no problem with Mint cinnamon, I just wish that the hardware would have run Slackware:cool:. It works for me, mate!