Best distribution for netbook?

GeoLek

Reaction score
Credits
Hello people.I'm new here and this is my first post.I have some experience with linux. I have tried Ubuntu and Lubuntu and liked the latter very much. Now i have a netbook on my hands. Dell Latitude 2210 with intel atom,dual-core cpu N470 running at 1.83 GHz with 2 GB RAM. I want to find one distribution that fits my netbook,running smoothly and gives me the chance to learn some coding. I was thinking of Lubuntu or Arch-Linux.

Best regards,Georgios. :)

Great netbook!
I would suggest Manjaro's xfce edition. Manjaro's really great and it's arch. It really runs smooth. If you want a debian distribution, I'd say lubuntu would be best for that netbook.

And welcome to linux.org :)

I installed not to long ago linuxmint 18.1 xfce on my eeepc with 1g of ram and I'm happy with it. It's not super fast but it's not a turtle either.

I second @superboy2k6 Manjaro recommendation.
Some years ago I installed Manjaro on an Acer netbook and was amazed at how well everything worked.

Greetings guys. Thank you very much for your answers. I will take a look at Manjaro's distribution and at linux mint. Maybe,i should give them a try before fully installing one.

Hello again guys. I installed Manjaro's xfce distribution. At first,when i was testing it it lagged a lot and had a slow start up.But i installed it at the netbook and it worked very well. I like the fact that it give3s you the opportunity to build your own system-enviroment the way you like.First day working it,everything is good so far.Hope it stays that way.
Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Last edited:
Great going! Manjaro should stay that way for a long time. It's good hearing that you gave that netbook a fresh start!

Members online