beginner questions

L

lemonade1

hey guys, im new to using linux and im gunna be using it in school shortly so i want to get some knowledge of it before i need to use it

right now i want to change my laptop over from windows to linux and i dont want to have windows on it at all. is it still possible to format my laptop and have it strictly linux?

Hello lemonade1, glad to see another Linux user. :)

Yes, it is EXTREMELY easy to install Linux and remove Windows..
What laptop are you planning on using? Does it have Secure boot or UEFI?

im using an acer laptop, i dont think it has secure boot or UEFI

right now im trying linux mint but ill take a look at those 2 because this is all for learning purposes so i might mess around with a few

edit: i shoulda just tried installing it first .... gave me the option to just replace windows lol

right now im trying linux mint but ill take a look at those 2 because this is all for learning purposes so i might mess around with a few

edit: i shoulda just tried installing it first .... gave me the option to just replace windows lol
I would have asked first also. ;)

im new to using linux
I would always advocate Dual Booting and keeping Windows, just now, until you are ABSOLUTELY sure you want to fully use Linux and totally lose Windows...

The best way to learn Linux is to dive into head first. When I first used Linux, I completely removed Windows not knowing what mess I may get into. Freeing myself from the Blue Empire (Microsuck) was the best thing I ever did. (NOTE to Microsuck lovers: Do not take this personal; scroll away from this comment while you still can without shooting me on my door-step (^u^)) Open-source is the way of the future. It may be difficult at times, but once you truly learn and love Linux, there is no going back to the Blue Empire that poisoned you for so many years.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts