Beats Audio

newtolinux

Reaction score
Credits
My HP laptop had Beats Audio installed when I had Windows 7. When I installed 10, the audio was lost. I now have Linux on my new SSD and was wondering if I am able to download and install the Beats Audio file using Wine or another software into Linux. If not, no big deal, but I'm hoping I can get my sound back.

What do you mean, you don't understand it? Maybe I was a bit long-winded in my post. LOL I was wondering if there's a way to install the Beats Audio driver in Linux so I can have my sound the way it was on my laptop originally.

That sentence...""“I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you”"....is a part of arochester's signature, and appears on every post he makes........it is not directed at you.

That sentence...""“I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you”"....is a part of arochester's signature, and appears on every post he makes........it is not directed at you.
Oh, OK. LOL I thought he didn't understand what I wrote. Hey, I'm all new to this and want to learn all I can about Linux. If I can do without a windows operating system, I'm fine with that!

Slightly off topic re Beats Audio...(I know zero about that !!)....but just for the record I obliterated win 10 from my pc back in 2014-2015 and have felt no desire to go back to it at all. For a few months I had to use win 10 and it was a seriously dreary, stressful time.

Good Luck with Beats Audio

Slightly off topic re Beats Audio...(I know zero about that !!)....but just for the record I obliterated win 10 from my pc back in 2014-2015 and have felt no desire to go back to it at all. For a few months I had to use win 10 and it was a seriously dreary, stressful time.

Good Luck with Beats Audio
I know what you mean about 10. I didn't like the GUI, it just looked so fake. How is Wine supposed to work? Does it convert a Windows program to work in Linux? I can't figure it out.

Which Linux are you running ?

The following tutorial is for Ubuntu, but most anything that will run on Ubuntu will also run on Linux.

ALSO.....PlayOnLinux ....depending on which Linux you have, playonliux will be included in the software manager. It is necessary

Do I have to install Wine to use PlayOnLinux?

Yes. You will want to have a 32-bit version of Wine installed on your system,(there is a terminal command on the first linked page to do this) along with the dependencies it suggests. POL will want to see it, and will use it's dependencies concurrently with POL's WineBuilds. Without getting too technical, POL will need it, so it is best to install it.

You have some reading to do in order to get your head around this. It is not for the faint hearted.

You will need to plan your approach so that you get it into some sort of order. Even write down the steps.

Last edited:
Which Linux are you running ?

The following tutorial is for Ubuntu, but most anything that will run on Ubuntu will also run on Linux.

ALSO.....PlayOnLinux ....depending on which Linux you have, playonliux will be included in the software manager. It is necessary

Do I have to install Wine to use PlayOnLinux?

Yes. You will want to have a 32-bit version of Wine installed on your system,(there is a terminal command on the first linked page to do this) along with the dependencies it suggests. POL will want to see it, and will use it's dependencies concurrently with POL's WineBuilds. Without getting too technical, POL will need it, so it is best to install it.

You have some reading to do in order to get your head around this. It is not for the faint hearted.

You will need to plan your approach so that you get it into some sort of order. Even write down the steps.
I'm running 20 Ulyana.

Ok....that link should be ok for that version.

Read until you understand it. I dont think it is really that complex....more a matter of getting the steps in order

Members online

Latest posts