BAD GATEWAY: ERROR 502

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits
Saturday December 31, 2022 @17.30PM AEST (Sydney Australia time)

Lasted approx 45 minutes or a bit longer

@Rob
@wizardfromoz
@KGIII

40 minutes could be an update, OS update, and then a reboot (for example).

It's REALLY hard to get 99.9% uptime. It's still at 99.6% uptime. (The stats were reset when we had the Great Reset and the site was down for a few hours for forensics and data recovery.)

And again. and again. I have 12 tabs open and 7 belong to Linux.org. bad gateways...502.....

The other additional tabs belong to bc....5 of them...all working as expected.

I can only imagine this is @Rob's kettle of fish to fix.

I click on post reply and get an error...oops !, we had a problem etc etc....no kidding !

I will tap refresh.....guarantee it will then show a bad gateway etc etc

Edit to add:Sure enough it did.

Yeah, this is above my pay grade. I did see a couple of posts from our Dear Leader, but that was it.

The last outage was ~28 minutes.

The term, 'Extractum Digitum' comes to mind

(present company excluded!)

Last 24 hours uptime:93.4028% (93.4028%)

By the way, is 2023 looking any better than 2022?!?

I'm not there yet, so give me the scoop!!!

83 minutes down 31st Dec 2022

Yeah, @Rob's not doing well today. He might need to feed the gerbils that spin the wheel that power the server!

Do me a favor, please...

Go to Google (yeah, I know) and search for (no quotes) "ask a good support question". Check the results for a familiar URL.

no. 1 ....right at the top

YES!

I wasn't sure if it was global!

@wizardfromoz - 'member when I first wrote that page and you indicated that you hoped it made a difference? Well, it has been read thousands of times and is now the #1 search result at Google for 'ask a good support question'!

The amusing thing is I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to SEO. I use a plugin, follow the directions, and generally write to a formula. Sometimes, Google REALLY likes my articles - but ranking #1 for this is amazing!

Best darned online birthday present!

Got them too.
t2604.gif

I just saw bad gateway errors on three browser tabs on 1 January 2023 at 10:22 AM PST = 18:22 UTC.

How I saw them:
I clicked the "Bell" notification icon and "Command-clicked" the three items at the top of the dropdown menu to open them into separate tabs in the Safari browser on Mac. Those were the pages with bad gateway errors.

I clicked the reload button as soon as I noticed, and each page loaded correctly.

I clicked the reload button as soon as I noticed, and each page loaded correctly.

It sounds like a short outage. I have an uptime monitor set up for this site:

Its... Well, let's just say the gerbils sometimes get tired.

I think you are going to see more recession and higher inflation

We shall see. I don't want to expand on that too much. Economics discussions rapidly turn into political discussions, for better or worse.

While sorta selfish seeming, we can weather the storm at my house. Hopefully we are all in a position to manage.

Just got another one.
t1935.gif

Last 24 hours uptime:97.0833% (97.0833%)

Better than yesterday, in Australia

Wiz

Better than yesterday, in Australia

I wonder if some improvements could be made if folks actually did that 'donate for hosting' thing.

The gerbils are probably getting old and tired.

Latest posts