Timeshift is a system restore utility which takes snapshots
of the system at regular intervals. These snapshots can be restored
at a later date to undo system changes. Creates incremental snapshots
using rsync or BTRFS snapshots using BTRFS tools.
I use kbackup, although I am not sure if it creates logs.
You might try :
Kup is a backup tool for KDE's Plasma desktop created for helping people to
keep up-to-date backups of their personal files.
- Incremental backup archive with the use of "bup".
- Synchronized folders with the use of "rsync".
- Support for local filesystem or external usb storage.
- Monitor availibilty of backup destination.
- Integration into KDE's Plasma desktop.