Backtrack 5 R3 drivers problem.. Please help me bro's..

S

shreesha k l

I'm new to linux. I don't know anything about the linux drivers but I know some linux basics commands. Since a week I hardly searching for compatible drivers for HP pavilion 15e-015tx running backtrack 5 r3 . Still I didn't get the answer for how linux drivers are developed , Is it based on OS's kernel versions or Laptop's hardware? and where and how can I find the compatible drivers??

I'm new to linux.

First Backtrack was replaced by Kali Linux years ago. Don't use Backtrack.

About Kali Linux:

it is NOT a recommended distribution if you’re unfamiliar with Linux or are looking for a general-purpose Linux desktop distribution for development, web design, gaming, etc.
If you are unfamiliar with Linux generally, if you do not have at least a basic level of competence in administering a system, if you are looking for a Linux distribution to use as a learning tool to get to know your way around Linux, or if you want a distro that you can use as a general purpose desktop installation, Kali Linux is probably not what you are looking for.
If you are looking for a Linux distribution to learn the basics of Linux and need a good starting point, Kali Linux is not the ideal distribution for you. You may want to begin with Ubuntu, Mint, or Debian instead. If you’re interested in getting hands-on with the internals of Linux, take a look the“Linux From Scratch” project
- http://docs.kali.org/introduction/should-i-use-kali-linux

Or to put it simply - if you can't sort out your own problems don't use (either Backtrack or) Kali.

I have worked with ubuntu and mint series (in virtual box) for 3 years and I dont want to use linux for general purpose so that I made duel boot.

I have read about kali and I go with that after some days. Now I need to have drivers for backtrack.

Members online