Back 4 Blood open Beta

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Guys I have been playing Back 4 Blood open Beta and it seems(not sure though) to be using Easy Anti Cheat.
I am able to join online and play with other people so Easy Anti Cheat seem to be working
on Proton for this game.

Last edited:

As soon as I looked at that game I said. That looks like Left4Dead lol and it's made by the same people.

I liked Left4Dead, but it didn't last long before it got old. This definitely looks like it has more depth, but not sure I would be able to get my buddy to commit to purchasing it also after how short-lived Left4Dead was for us.

It says Mixed Reviews now. We will see how it turns out.

It's quite entertaining so far, I played Left 4 Dead 2 when it came out a long time ago but I'm quit enjoying myself so far.

Seems like they pushed through an update or fully-activated EAC because I'm constantly getting disconnects when trying to join an online game. Valve is still working on getting Proton support for Easy Anti Cheat and Battlle-Eye so we' ll see what happens, luckily there are still plenty of other games that do work on Linux that can keep me entertained.

So tell me something. Many of the reviews say it's not a $60 game, but more like a $30 game. That is pretty much what I felt about L4D franchise and even Killing Floor franchise.

It seems based on reviews, that is where B4B is heading.

I agree that it's not worth $60 dollar, it's a fun game but not in the Doom/Doom Eternal category that would make me pay that amount for it.

Finished with Doom 2016, Doom Eternal, Ancient Gods 1, and At the end of Ancient Gods 2.

Wolfenstein The New Order and The Old Blood on sale for 8 bucks on steam. So far they all seem to be working even on an New but older 4 gig Radeon GPU. I don't do online so anti cheat has not been an issue.

Finished with Doom 2016, Doom Eternal, Ancient Gods 1, and At the end of Ancient Gods 2.

Wolfenstein The New Order and The Old Blood on sale for 8 bucks on steam. So far they all seem to be working even on an New but older 4 gig Radeon GPU. I don't do online so anti cheat has not been an issue.
I play those same games except for Wolfenstein, I normally don't play games with Anti-Cheat either but I wanted to try it out since I read posts on reddit where it said the game was working with AntiCheat.

Members online