Autopartioning using LVM failed

ubununuub

Reaction score
Credits
Please help,
Autopartioning using LVM failed because an error occurred while creating the volume group.

Attachments

• ubuntu_1.jpg
    ubuntu_1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 315
  • ubuntu_2.jpg
    ubuntu_2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 315
  • ubuntu_3.jpg
    ubuntu_3.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 302
  • ubuntu_4.jpg
    ubuntu_4.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:

you could maybe be tempted to partition your hard drive manually , like in the old days and its how i still do mine ? you can use gParted from a live linux OS running from a usb stick .in my case (for slackware) used cgdisk to create EFI partition. I'm sure you will get others to give guidance if you go that route- if you do you can't fail to learn something .

one of the images is giving you a clue; can you paste output here of /var/log/syslog ?

Here is the output

Attachments

• ubuntu.jpg
    ubuntu.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
I have four and they all show the same thing
The one mention in your screenshot is sda, that is probably the disk that you are trying to do your install on so I suspect that is the disk which is broken. When you are live booted, can you do another dmesg and then like this and share the output.
Code:
dmesg | grep sd

I got this new message this time

Attachments

• ubuntu-1.jpg
    ubuntu-1.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 297
  • ubuntu-2.jpg
    ubuntu-2.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 302
I have four and they all show the same thing
Where are you seeing those error messages for all 4 disks, in the last screenshot(ubuntu-2.jpg) I only count 3 disks? Can you also share the output of lsblk?

lsblk - command not found

I'm swapping the disks into the first slot

Can you create a separate usb stick with Mint on it and boot your system with that so that we can try a few things, since it seems you were booted in the command-line from a failed installation or or boot into a live Ubuntu desktop environment.

Ive been messing around with the server and reconfigured to raid5, all drives showed up there. But now I get message when booting off USB that it wont pull IP from DHCP. Which I don't see how, I have dhcp on my switch

You didn't mention raid in your original post with your setup that's why I though it might have been a disk failure on de disk you were installing since the input/output errors, but if the raid wasn't setup correctly or something when wrong with the raid setup than that can cause problems too. Glad I was able to help you out, you did the work yourself I just helped think along with you.

Members online

Latest posts