Asus x370-f mobo compatible with Linux

Ragnornorthbrok

Reaction score
Credits
Hi
I've looked on the asus driver download page and it does not give an option in the OS drop down for Linux. Does this mean it's not possible for this type of mobo to be used. I am currently running win10 and want to go to a full linux OS.
Thanks

can you elaborate a bit? are you saying you are currently running Windows 10 with Linux in the form of Windows Subset for Linux ?

Hi thanks for the replies. Sorry to be more clear.
I am running only windows at the moment. I have been using fedora on a laptop for the last 4 month's and i want to make the move to only Linux on my pc with no duel boot.
I'm a complete newbie and want to check that it's possible with the hardware that I have. Are you able to advise if it's possible and any issues you can see I might have.
Ryzen 7 1800x
Gtx1060 6gb gpu

One "lateral thinking" approach that i used when trying to see if a Linux distro release will support hardware is simply to put a live version onto a usb stick. Boot from it and see for yourself the results, since the OS running from the USB is still going to use your hardware.

I found in my case that with the OS on the USB i could make use of, and get onto the internet via wifi. So it was just a case of getting an installable version of that os. Thats the one that i'm using now and wifi card all good.

So decide on an OS, stick it on a usb and boot from it

Members online