As we know, distrotest.net is dead...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
But, there's a limited provider here:

Because DistrTest is dead, I really need to edit one of my articles - one about getting started with Linux.

They don't have as many distros to pick from, though you could make your own VM there (so I'm told, I've not tested it) and test with that.

They even give you internet access in the VMs they show you - and they're installed VMs, not just booting from the .iso VMs.

If you get bored, you could test it and let me know what you think. It's a nice and geeky exercise that I'm guessing some of you might find interesting.

Performance is okay considering they are free, but not the best experience.
Perfect for someone who just want to type a letter, write a simple code on the way. They even provide a way to save your session which is appreciated.
However, I couldn't find out root password of their systems, so I was not able to install any additional softwares. That is not a deal breaker though because all of vms come with bunch pre installed applications.

I'll keep looking for alternatives, but so far I've only come across this one.

I'd say performance is better than distrotest.net was, plus it has internet access and there are applications installed. But, there are very few options and it may not be all that obvious to a newbie.

Members online

Latest posts