Are we suffering attempted DDoS attacks.

I think there are a lot of attacks going on today. Might have something to do with the Russia/Ukraine conflict. I was getting 500 errors from a lot of websites I visited this morning, including Linux.org, crunchyroll and several others.
Everything seems to be OK ATM. Websites seem to be responding normally now.
It's a Cloudflare issue this time.
Screenshot_2022-06-21_09-54-53.png

I think there are a lot of attacks going on today. Might have something to do with the Russia/Ukraine conflict. I was getting 500 errors from a lot of websites I visited this morning, including Linux.org, crunchyroll and several others.
Everything seems to be OK ATM. Websites seem to be responding normally now.
Or more specifically, continued anxiety and economic failure: maybe there are more desperate attempts to unsuccessfully hack websites for money and user data.

I like to think this demonstrates why it's bad for one service provider to dominate the market, but nobody will learn all that much from this.

CF dominates the market - and their free tier is delightful. Oddly, a paid plan jumps up a bunch from zero, but that's not all that important. The important bit is that CF dominates the market with 82% of the CDN market - though that's only like 20% of the web.

But, it's a 'big 20%' meaning that 20% is made up of some pretty major companies.

With recent changes in the way Google handles ranking, you'll see more sites moving to a CDN and they're predominantly going to pick CF, if the past is any indication.

Thought I'd just report I got an error 500 this morning. CF said only the server was down. Nothing related to a (D)DoS attack, but not worth starting a thread just to report it about 10 AM (GMT +2).

It's a Cloudflare issue this time.
View attachment 12958
Explains a lot. I was searching for some news about what was going on when everything seemed to go dark early yesterday morning, but couldn’t find anything. Probably because most sites weren’t working at all, ha ha!

502 bad gateway errors ...approx 7.30 pm Sydney Time.

Lasted for around 15 minutes.

I have had 4 drop-outs this morning, not spotted any excessive load around the 400 mark, perhaps cloud fair are still having problems

I have been unable to connect....bad gateway errors.....since 14:30pm sydney time....to 15:15....So 45 minutes approx. in all

Last edited:
Checking your browser again for 20 seconds...when I type a reply to a thread and click...Post reply...I get ooops we've got a problem and the only way out is to copy my reply to Libre office because if I don't it's gone... hit F5 and copy and paste it back...not good.
m19095.gif

Checking your browser again for 20 seconds
I am getting it once a day when I first log on, it's all part of the increased security @Rob had to instigate a week or so ago

Bob remind me if it's Sydney or Melbourne you are from (I seem to remember Sydney).

We have Gabriel @gvisoc from Sydney, Brian @Condobloke is at Glen Innes near the smart side (Qld) of the border.

I am from Applethorpe near Stanthorpe in the curly bit of the Qld border, we may be able to compare notes.

only way out is to copy my reply to Libre office because if I don't it's gone...

Not the only way - when I start to respond to a Thread, if there is going to be some length to it, I go on the toolbar to the far right set of vertical dots and choose Save Draft.

Wiz

No unforeseen problems here
just the 5 second delay while it checks my browser, and thats that

No 502’s today around the NSW’s Central Coast, yes some cloudflare browser checks.

Thanks guys

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Bob remind me if it's Sydney or Melbourne you are from (I seem to remember Sydney).

We have Gabriel @gvisoc from Sydney, Brian @Condobloke is at Glen Innes near the smart side (Qld) of the border.

I am from Applethorpe near Stanthorpe in the curly bit of the Qld border, we may be able to compare notes.

Not the only way - when I start to respond to a Thread, if there is going to be some length to it, I go on the toolbar to the far right set of vertical dots and choose Save Draft.

Wiz

Yes I'm in Sydney where it's rain...rain and more bloody rain.
mad0086.gif

I am getting it once a day when I first log on, it's all part of the increased security @Rob had to instigate a week or so ago

Some days are worse than others...it also happens with other browsers too.
mad0014.gif

Members online