Are we suffering attempted DDoS attacks.

Hey, not sure how I missed this thread .. yeah, we were getting hammered by bad traffic. The server can handle the normal load fine, but not when it's under attack :/

I enabled 'attack mode' in cloudflare - apologies for the extra browser check temporarily.

Attachments

• linux-attack.png
    linux-attack.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 227

Thanks for the update @Rob!!

Reactions: Rob
I have not got on in over 5 hrs... not good

apologies for the extra browser check temporarily.
Not needed, we will take what we can get till you manage a permanent fix [if that's possible]

Reactions: Rob
Not needed, we will take what we can get till you manage a permanent fix [if that's possible]
Ddos's are hard to permanently fix because you never know how much computing power they have behind the next ddos.

Ddos's are hard to permanently fix because you never know how much computing power they have behind the next ddos.
That's very true, I suppose the only answer is to increase the server capabilities, but that will cost, and if someone is that determine to put us down, that won't stop them,

That's very true, I suppose the only answer is to increase the server capabilities, but that will cost, and if someone is that determine to put us down, that won't stop them,
Correct and even companies have a hard time dealing with them depending on the ddos load.

If the site is getting denial of serviced, that would be wierd because I wouldn't think ya'll are storing banking info, maybe the MS trolls are getting angry?

Cloudflare is now checking my bits before allowing entry.

That's usually something seen during an attack - or it can be switched on manually.

Cloudflare is now checking my bits before allowing entry.
I bet you enjoyed that! ;)
Rob switched it on post #41

If the site is getting denial of serviced, that would be wierd because I wouldn't think ya'll are storing banking info, maybe the MS trolls are getting angry?
You can never know what's in the mind of people who do stuff like this. Sometimes it's out of bitterness. Sometimes it's "just because they can." Sometimes because a ddos can render elevated access to an overloaded server, e.g. credential stealing.

You can never know what's in the mind of people who do stuff like this. Sometimes it's out of bitterness. Sometimes it's "just because they can." Sometimes because a ddos can render elevated access to an overloaded server, e.g. credential stealing.
Yeah, they could be trying to get passwords.

Same here Cloudfare is now checking the browser on entry.

Hey, not sure how I missed this thread .. yeah, we were getting hammered by bad traffic. The server can handle the normal load fine, but not when it's under attack :/

I enabled 'attack mode' in cloudflare - apologies for the extra browser check temporarily.
I honestly don't mind, i'd prefer waiting a couple of seconds rather than having this site getting taken down. People here tend to be helpful.

I must agree.....having this site go down for an extended period would leave a significant gap in my days plans

I also get Cloudfare is checking your Browser.
confused0007.gif

I also get Cloudfare is checking your Browser.
confused0007.gif
I think that is to be thankful for......the alternative would be the site crashing completely