Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

1. Note: we recently updated out site software, please report any unseen issues - we do this often to insure your information is secure.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone use Slackware?

Discussion in 'Slackware' started by Kryyll, Feb 5, 2014.

1. I tried installing it on a VM, but the installation went alright, but I can't configure the system afterwards, no I don't need help with it, I'm happy with Debian (want to upgrade from stable to testing soon), but once I'm fed up with it, I'll try Salix, which I also have installed in a VM, and was very easy to navigate for a Debian user.

1 person likes this.
  2. Darren Hale

Darren Hale Guest

Hello salix is - a good way of using Slackware in a friendlier way. Give it a go.

2 people like this.
  3. I have, and I will again, once Debian does not live up to my expectations and I go distrohopping again.

4. atanere

atanere Guest

#24 atanere, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  5. VP9KS

VP9KS Well-Known Member

Good to see ya again, mate!:)

6. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

I recently imported some things, but decided to not import the users, as there were quite a bit and there was a point when there were spammers signing up willy nilly.. so you will likely run across some posts by people that are now tagged 'guest', as it is in this case :)

Sorry for the confusion

7. VP9KS

VP9KS Well-Known Member

Ok, just noticed the dates on this. Must have loaded one of the old threads from the old site. Looks like I got all excited over nothing:(:confused:.

8. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

well, you can be excited that there's about 30k posts to read through now :)

9. VP9KS

VP9KS Well-Known Member

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

10. Tux Slack

Tux Slack New Member

I use Slackware and Fedora. Slackware was my first distribution. When I want news I use Fedora and when I want to compile, study and etc. I use Slackware :)

atanere likes this.