Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

Anyone use Slackware?

Discussion in 'Slackware' started by Kryyll, Feb 5, 2014.

1. I tried installing it on a VM, but the installation went alright, but I can't configure the system afterwards, no I don't need help with it, I'm happy with Debian (want to upgrade from stable to testing soon), but once I'm fed up with it, I'll try Salix, which I also have installed in a VM, and was very easy to navigate for a Debian user.

1 person likes this.
  2. Darren Hale

Darren Hale Guest

Hello salix is - a good way of using Slackware in a friendlier way. Give it a go.

2 people like this.
  3. I have, and I will again, once Debian does not live up to my expectations and I go distrohopping again.

4. atanere

atanere Guest

#24 atanere, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  5. VP9KS

VP9KS Well-Known Member

Good to see ya again, mate!:)

6. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

I recently imported some things, but decided to not import the users, as there were quite a bit and there was a point when there were spammers signing up willy nilly.. so you will likely run across some posts by people that are now tagged 'guest', as it is in this case :)

Sorry for the confusion

7. VP9KS

VP9KS Well-Known Member

Ok, just noticed the dates on this. Must have loaded one of the old threads from the old site. Looks like I got all excited over nothing:(:confused:.

8. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

well, you can be excited that there's about 30k posts to read through now :)

9. VP9KS

VP9KS Well-Known Member

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

10. Tux Slack

Tux Slack New Member

I use Slackware and Fedora. Slackware was my first distribution. When I want news I use Fedora and when I want to compile, study and etc. I use Slackware :)

atanere likes this.