Anyone suffer from drug addiction and alcohol?

Rachmani3652

Reaction score
Credits
Sometimes I'm drunk texting on my laptop and I don't remember half the stuff I ask in the forums. I drunk Facebook too sometimes. It's a bad habit.

Sometimes I'm drunk texting on my laptop and I don't remember half the stuff I ask in the forums. I drunk Facebook too sometimes. It's a bad habit.
That is something only you can decide and no one else imo.

AA?

The less time you spend drinking the more brain cells you will have left over for learning and the more time you will have for actually learning something useful to achieve the goals(ie: dream job) you have in life.

The less time you spend drinking the more brain cells you will have left over for learning and the more time you will have for actually learning something useful to achieve the goals(ie: dream job) you have in life.
That's true. I drink for social anxiety and to feel better. But it's temporary and a vicious cycle. If you don't drink already don't start.

I'm just on here to learn. Not to have a therapy session. Jk. I forgot they're probably kids on here learning this stuff too. I assumed it was all adults. Gotta watch what I say.

That's true. I drink for social anxiety and to feel better. But it's temporary and a vicious cycle. If you don't drink already don't start.
Drinking was never a problem for me although I've had my share of drunk experiences. I decide to not drink for a year about a year and a half ago. After a year I decided I liked myself better without drinking in social situations so I decided I would continue not drinking. A better way to get over your social anxiety is to quit drinking and put yourself in social situations sober this way you will learn to be comfortable and be your true self in social situations. It's called exposure therapy.:)

Also it sounds like you got yourself into that vicious cycle or bad habit, so it's your responsibility to yourself to get yourself out of that vicious cycle.

I'm just on here to learn. Not to have a therapy session. Jk. I forgot they're probably kids on here learning this stuff too. I assumed it was all adults. Gotta watch what I say.
You started the topic, so you knew this could turn into a therapy session. ;)

yes but the topic is a symptom , maybe "why am i drunk a quarter of the time" might have been more apt
Agreed most people drink because of something. I was just pointing out it could be expected by starting a topic like this. Good thing I am not a social worker or a psychologist. I hope @Rachmani3652 finds a way out of this negative spiral of drinking.

The sad thing is that the art of brewing beer is tainted by the heavy drinking culture and can concur with f33dm3bits that drinking to get drunk is real bum rap, not a great place to be.

I just love to enjoy a finely crafted beer such as German brewed beer example Krombacher wheat Beer or real good Stout and still remember the experience.

Anyway my advice enjoy a Beer if you can handle it . If there is a problem handling then best to leave it alone. Sorry for my joke above it wasn't in good taste and I will edit it accordingly. Take care Rach.

Thanks for sharing f33dm3bits.

The sad thing is that the art of brewing beer is tainted by the heavy drinking culture
in terms of fine art brewing I do like a german beer and I should be visiting a micro pub Southend that has two german Beers on tap i never heard of. In terms of say myself brewing beer ; yes that did involve too much drinking since i would tend to drink the bottled beer before it had properly matured.

I dont get violent or disrespectful or anything I just talk more and get funnier and sometimes forget things I said. I'm slowing down on my drinking though

I dont get violent or disrespectful or anything I just talk more and get funnier and sometimes forget things I said. I'm slowing down on my drinking though
well let me first put my psychologist hat on.Ok @Rachmani3652 just rest a minute now on that nice looking couch ;no thats what it seems like from your context when you are under influence it may not how others see it . How do you feel about that ?

I'm just on here to learn. Not to have a therapy session.

Just remember that you opened the door to this subject :)

You could either have nil replies, or you can expect to get some friendly advice.

This forum comprises a community where people can come to "know each other" albeit in a cyber fashion, and a lot of us come to care about each other's wellbeing, not just whether you like or use the same Linux as I.

Be well.

Wizard

I'm a drunk and am chairing a meeting tonight. I need one.
Evidence my last post.

Honesty. Open-mindedness. Willingness. = HOW it works.

Listen to this with an open mind.

If one cannot believe in the possibility of a Higher Power,
don't waste your time or mine!

Am ignoring everybody for now till I get my head on straight!

Just remember that you opened the door to this subject :)

You could either have nil replies, or you can expect to get some friendly advice.

This forum comprises a community where people can come to "know each other" albeit in a cyber fashion, and a lot of us come to care about each other's wellbeing, not just whether you like or use the same Linux as I.

Be well.

Wizard
My bad. I wasn't trying to have an attitude.

Members online

Latest posts