Anyone like classical music?

serious music following long-established principles rather than a folk, jazz, or popular tradition.
  • (more specifically) music written in the European tradition during a period lasting approximately from 1750 to 1830, when forms such as the symphony, concerto, and sonata were standardized.

On the Tchaikovsky - one of my all-time faves. She's good, isn't she? Anna Fedorova, that is.

Ta for sharing

Wiz

Avagudweegend, all :)

I have heard that that there is a correlation between those that program and those that like classical music.

Okay, I am not (well, not yet anyway) going to give a favorite selection. I am going to give my favorite radio stations (I listen to them with VLC):

Classic TM: http://media-ice.musicradio.com/ClassicFMMP3

Favorite Religious music:
Ancient Faith Music: http://ancientfaith.streamguys1.com/music

Ancient Faith's more recent music (Rachmaninoff, etc.) are concert level. They do tend to play music from all 2000 years of their history, so the chant can take some getting use to. I usually switch channels.

Classic FM takes favorites from its listeners and every year does a count down. I have yet to dislike anything other liked. But sometimes they get on a baroque jag and give you an hour of "Variations on a Well Tempered Sewing Machine". The only thing missing is the monkey with the cup. When they do this, I write them and REMIND them that NO ONE ever requested that stuff on any of their to lists.

I have yet to dislike anything others like, so I am really looking forward to going though everyone selections here! Who can write code, write invoices, do taxes without Puccini in the background?

Beautiful HD on the Handel, Brian :)

Is that some sort of lute? I have not seen anything like it.

Chris

Who mentioned Puccini? :)

My fave was, is and will likely always be

Nessun Dorma

Found this one today (and of course, I loved Pavarotti's)

Wizard

I used to be able to sing that, believe it or not. Had a throat operation in January 1990, and that shot down my singing voice.

This young fellow, Mark Vincent, was 15 years old (no typo) when he sang it in Australia's Got Talent show, in 2009.

Hope you enjoy it - he dedicated it to his late grandfather, who used to sing opera all the time.

Wizard

thats a classic saw it first hand - hairs almost stand straight on back of my neck watching it i guess you could say she went from 0 to 100?

Members online