Anymore Custom Kernels Around?

Eddie Paul Litz

Reaction score
Credits
Does anyone know of anymore Custom Kernels around I could test besides Xanmod & Liquorix?

Maybe give the vanilla kernel a spin?

Custom kernels are based on the Zen project so maybe check that projects home page too.

Have you considered your own custom kernel compilation?

Maybe give the vanilla kernel a spin?

Custom kernels are based on the Zen project so maybe check that projects home page too.

Have you considered your own custom kernel compilation?
Those ones are very old. I'm not that advanced so I have no clue as how to make one. So I'm wanting to know if there are any other custom/modified kernels besides the two I mentioned.

Those ones are very old. I'm not that advanced so I have no clue as how to make one. So I'm wanting to know if there are any other custom/modified kernels besides the two I mentioned.
There may be other kernels however, I haven't a clue where to look.
Maybe Google "custom kernels that have already been built"

There are tons of instructions / tutorials on how to build and compile a custom kernel online.
Maybe take a stab at it if you'd like to up your game.

I've read through a few tutorials on it and I think it takes maybe an hour depending on how many modules and etc. you want to add during the build process.

If you really need the 5.4 series kernel I'd look at Linux Lite 5.0 / 5.8 series because it still runs the 5.4 kernel and is supported until April 2025.

If you really need the 5.4 series kernel I'd look at Linux Lite 5.0 / 5.8 series because it still runs the 5.4 kernel and is supported until April 2025.

Does Linux Lite use the Cinnamon Desktop? It looks like it does.
Does the latest release that uses 22.04 use kernel 5.4? I can't seem to find out whether or it does or not.

Does Linux Lite use the Cinnamon Desktop? It looks like it does.
Does the latest release that uses 22.04 use kernel 5.4? I can't seem to find out whether or it does or not.
Linux Lite uses Xfce desktop which is as good imo and lite on system resources.

Eddie Paul

1. Go to https://distrowatch.com/
2. Click Select Distribution and start to type in lite from dropdown menu
3. Click Linux Lite
4. Click the latest entry (31 October)
5. Click the link for pkglist
6. Search for linux-modules

You can do that for just about any distro there.

Wiz

When you get right down to it every Ubuntu kernel is custom. Almost all Distro modify the kernel to meet their needs to some extent. So what is it your looking for that does not already exist?

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts