Anybody have any idea how to code this thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repondeo

Reaction score
Credits
I'm trying to add activator to Linux, but coding iso image is almost practically impossible. Can anyone help? Please no Wizard man, and he's not Gandolf.

Attachments

• code of elements element of harmony linux - Google Search - Google Chrome 10_6_2021 9_56_26 PM.png
    code of elements element of harmony linux - Google Search - Google Chrome 10_6_2021 9_56_26 PM.png
    245.1 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Activator...aka KMSpico

Why would yo need to add it to Linux ??

Would you be trying to use it to Activate something that doesnt belong to you?

Please note this app is Blacklisted by microsoft.

To add to the above, how would a Windows activator even work on Linux?

Wouldn't this also go against GPL, putting a license activator on opensource/free software?

One word: why?
Unless you want to try the whole account thing, but yeah, no, ask Canonical how that turned out.

Seriously: No.

Edit: *The account thing was an optional extra anyway.

Wouldn't this also go against GPL, putting a license activator on opensource/free software?
I just think its neat to know how to add activator on Linux. Besides I'm planning making my own Distro, and that's Linus's call not you. Besides Apple and Microsoft ripped off Linux, and Linux ripped off UNIX.

-----

What do you mean WHY I want to create my own OS with my own cool extensions that can run ipk and exe, and other cool own custom extensions. Why? To get friends of course.

So how do I put KMSpico Activator into iso image as embedded? I'm a visual learner, please no context or words or verbal in contact.

-------

Would you be trying to use it to Activate something that doesnt belong to you? No.

Please no irrelevant or eristical questions. My main question only.

Last edited:
I will ask questions as I see fit.

You ask a question in this forum, you don't get to control what answers you get. If you attempt to control the output from members, you will find yourself lacking the help you seek.

Your profile shows you are 80 years old. Is that a lie?

, and that's Linus's call not you.

You might want to do a bit of further reading on requirements.

Linus Torvalds has nothing to do with the GPL - he had to have the Linux Kernel approved under GPL v.2.

Richard Stallman wrote the GPL and it is administered by the Free Software Foundation he established, with input from the GNU Project.

Wizard

I just think its neat to know how to add activator on Linux. Besides I'm planning making my own Distro, and that's Linus's call not you. Besides Apple and Microsoft ripped off Linux, and Linux ripped off UNIX.
As Chris pointed out: do your research. 5 minutes on Wikipedia or this paper, canvas, and cardboard thing I grew up with called a "book".

Anyhoo, Linux did not exist yet when Apple and MS were around. It is contended that MS ripped off Apple re the GUI, but I disagrese (subjective).
Sidenote: Windows started life as a shell, not an OS, running atop MSDOS so one could argue semantics about pre-98 versions (IIRC, that was the first NT kernel).

Linux did not rip off UNIX. Linux is UNIX-alike, but not 100% POSIX. It was made by a student, and unlike MacOS and modern Windows two, is just a kernel, not an OS (GNU is actually more the OS but shhhh!).

Who did rip off UNIX was BSDUnix? I don't recall how it git defunct, but it was defunct and later picked up by the FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, et al crews. Each have differing goals. Now a large part of today's codebase is Darwin, an "OS" (I'd more say "meta-OS) developed in open source coexistence with the *BSD peops. Even the latest MacOS has Darwin-derived code. I won't go into the details, but Mac devs had a falling out with BSD ones, so now there's a love-hate relationship, but code is still shared. Mac OSes and *BSDs are more/less UNIX successors as they meet POSIX.

Factoid: PS4 Orbis OS was forked from FreeBSD. This makes sense as UNIX was used as the OS for rendering clusters in the days of FMVs in video games.

Point: Don't act condescending and borderline rude to volunteers here when you haven't even done your research. Making your own distro, based on your comments, will never happen, sorry to be blunt. If you want, grab AntiX Linux and make your own spin, it's super easy.

PS: Apologies if I came across harsh. Peace? Yes. Cool.

Your profile shows you are 80 years old. Is that a lie?
Being the age you are...?.....you would have certainly been there at the time....

repon
I'm trying to add activator to Linux, but coding iso image is almost practically impossible. Can anyone help? Please no Wizard man, and he's not Gandolf.

You come in here ask one question and disrespect our Wizard? Burn in HELL

Seriously, @Repondeo , it appears unlikely you are going to get the help here that you seek.

But (Wizard's but usually follows close behind him). you will get help you need on Linux matters.

With regard to building your own Distro (in another Thread), again, not here, but anywhere else few people will take you seriously if you fail to at least do something to help yourself, with reading and experiencing existing solutions.

It is simple to Google up

Unix history of

Macintosh OS history

Apple Computers history

and so on and if you did, you would find at the very least

Unix - 1969 - (initially UNICS) written by Kenneth Thompson, later teamed with Dennis Ritchie for the compiler. They had released six (6) versions before

Apple Computers - 1976 - Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne - and then, on leaving Apple to form a company called NeXT, in

1985 - Jobs began developing Macintosh OS

So your statement

No. Apple came first.

... is simply a nonsense.

Cheers

Wizard
(Gandalf blows smoke rings - I can't)

-----

What do you mean WHY I want to create my own OS with my own cool extensions that can run ipk and exe, and other cool own custom extensions. Why? To get friends of course.

So how do I put KMSpico Activator into iso image as embedded? I'm a visual learner, please no context or words or verbal in contact.

-------

Would you be trying to use it to Activate something that doesnt belong to you? No.

You were giving the impression you were wanting to make people pay for the distribution you are wanting to create and reusing where others have already made which is made up of opensource/free software. So most of that software either has a version of the GPL applies or another similar license so you can't just ask people to pay for that because it's against GPL and other free licenses that may be used.

The first thing you were asking is how to put a license window in a Linux distribution which would be requested during the installation process, the answer is you would have the write your own because the one in the screenshot written by Microsoft is closed source. The second thing you are asking is the exact opposite because KMSPico is an activator used to activate Windows without having a valid license aka getting around having to purchase a license.

If you are planning to create your own GNU/Linux distribution what makes you think you can just put in a license Window in an iso of an existing distribution. You clearly don't understand enough how a distribution is setup because you can't just add it to the iso of an existing Linux distribution. Since none of them have this license window you would have to take the source code of the Calameres Framework, write some code that creates this license window that requests for a license and then take the source code of an other distribution and replace the installer they are using with your customized calameres installer or you can just do use a different installer framework and add the license request window there.

Last edited:
Besides Apple and Microsoft ripped off Linux, and Linux ripped off UNIX.
Unix is a closed source OS making it proprietary, created and owned by a company, there are several types of Unixes around but there are several requirements before another type of Unix system would be given the Unix certification. Linux is a kernel created and written by Linus Torvalds, a lot of the tools and software created to be able to make a functioning OS was created by Richard Stallman and others of the FSF. Since Unix is proprietary software they were not able to reuse the Unix source code because it was is closed source, so Linus Torvalds and Richard Stallman(and the FSF) wrote all the code from scratch when it comes to the kernel and all the software needed to create functioning OS. That being the reason why GNU/Linux is a Unix-like OS and BSD can't officially be called Unix because lacking the the Unix certification, so a BSD is more Unix like than Linux but not Unix.

Last edited:
I'd rather use windows if repondeo is trying to bring up another version of Linux and doesn't even know enough code to solve his own issues. how you gonna update your software genius??.....
Has to come to the wizards layer for questions then get bitch slapped by the wizards response Ethically of course.

Sudo apt go-away-upgrade

OK folks, let's settle down ;), not that I don't mind the support or vote of confidence, but not at the OP's expense.

He is simply misguided, or perhaps there are other issues, of which we are unaware.

One of our newest Members, in an Introduction, said, amongst other things

I checked out quite a few forums before deciding on this one seems to be laid back.

... so let's not disappoint him, and other potential recruits to Linux.

Cheers

Wizard

So what happens if you violate this so called UNIX TM? What about GDP does Unix Trade Mark that too? Or can they? Or are they still stuck on Fidget Spinners?

My answer is still no. Apple still comes first. They first made computers, commercials, and apps. Look, you can compare all the TM, but I don't think that's how world works if you were to ask me. People need to start make a living.

We no longer live in Arctic age my friend. I do see you're trying, and it seems to me these monopolies just want to TM anything they find feasible, and that is just true. But honestly nobody can sue any TM.

I don't think Unix sued Apple or Microsoft
-------------

UNIX has a looooong history of violations and getting sued, and stealing other TM(s) from other companies like IBM, but by no means least and last. Some even say IBM started first (rumor, maybe real). I personally and systematically coded part of UNIX myself although some may disagree. I personally think its okay for any TM as long as you code yourself. But if you must, then I'm not stopping you. Nowadays its hard to tell whether their TM is even valid. And I don't think everyone in Bloomberg is getting sued.

kind regards, ty-

language people

----------------

Pretty much any company in the world nowadays violate your so called UNIX TM, and benefit billions and trillions, but I personally think its invalid. Generally rule of thumb, things expire after 20 years. I mean anything.

--------------

So can anyone here care to help? I'm still stuck in creating my own Distros, and I just know BLFS and BLS isn't quite the answer.
I would really really appreciated if anyone here can help me make custom distro, and I have no idea. Like really appreciated to help me raise as much or more. thank you. :)

--------------

You know you don't have to listen to me if you don't want to, that's fine by me.

:)

Last edited:
So can anyone here care to help? I'm still stuck in creating my own Distros, and I just know BLFS and BLS isn't quite the answer.
I would really really appreciated if anyone here can help me make custom distro, and I have no idea. Like really appreciated to help me raise as much or more. thank you. :)
There were computers before Apple came with home computers they weren't accessible to the public then because they were really expensive and really big so only available to companies and research departments etc, they are computers as well so Apple wasn't the first with computers. Also GNU's Not Unix! (So neither is Linux)

You are still asking how to create your own Linux distribution. If you don't even use a search engine to look for articles or pages already written on the topic I wouldn't even start. Since if you can't or won't do your own research and you need everyone to spell it out for you then you can't learn independently and work on such a project independently. You have several options depending on how far you want to go.

P.S your question and topic title was about how to code a window that requests for a user license not how to create your on Linux distribution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts