Any free VPNs for Linux?

Allaaaa

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, everyone. I'm currently in China, so I need a VPN. Is there any free VPNs? Or anyway to change the IP address?

Depends on what you mean by free.

badvpn
vpnc (Cisco)
strongswan
openconnect
ocserv for openconnect

fortinet vpn client

Some of these are free to download and install.
However there is sometimes additional cost from your provider to run public IPs
and things required to make these work.

Last edited:
Yes Protonvpn has a free version. It is unlimited data as well, the catch is that it is slow so very slow. I use the paid version of Protonvpn and Protonmail. I am very happy with it.

A search for 'free vpn +linux' turned up some results.

Opera, the browser, has a built in VPN. It's owned by someone in China these days.

I've used NordVPN for years, and I've also run my own VPN. Neither of those options are free, but they are low-cost.

If the product is free, you are the product. I don't know of any free VPN's. If you want free you can try TOR and otherwise most VPN providers aren't that expensive either.

Is that free?
Yes, it is. There's a premium plan too. The free one has only 3 servers to choose from; US, JPN and something else, can't remember. I use it and it works fine.
Opera, the browser, has a built in VPN.
Yeah, but it makes opera painfully slow.

Yeah, but it makes opera painfully slow.

I hadn't noticed - probably because my bandwidth really isn't that great to begin with. Then again, I don't use Opera all that often. As browsers go, it's 4th in line after Vivaldi.

Members online

Latest posts