Antix-core with xfce4 and lightdm

Tolkem

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a nice life! :)

In the past 2 days I've been having some fun with Antix-core running from a usb stick with persistence enabled in a laptop with no HDD, installed xfce4 and lightdm. I struggled a bit to make them work, long story short, after some googling and trial and error they work, kind of. The problem is I can get lightdm to start automatically, at boot, it only works if I run
Code:
sudo lightdm
otherwise it won't. I didn't have so much to get them working properly on Arch lol Maybe systemd is easier than sysv? Also, I have to start dbus service before, too. Antix version is 17.4.1 with kernel 4.9.160. Any ideas are much appreciated! Thanks in adavance for your answers.

poorguy

poorguy

Thanks @poorguy However, I've already open a thread in that forum and so far no answers have been given. I'll keep looking. :)
Yeah they ain't the fastest sometimes although someone will get back to you.

Tolkem

Yeah they ain't the fastest sometimes although someone will get back to you.
Well, actually I must correct that. I've received some answers yet none of them solves the problem. Besides, it's not exactly an "antix issue" but more like something I got myself into lol so if no solution is provided by the forum that's just fine, I would certainly appreciate if they do but it's perfectly fine if they don't.

poorguy

Perhaps this may help.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts