Another Query but this time On Voice to text.

Nik-Ken-Bah

Reaction score
Credits
G'day All.
Excuse the slightly long intro.
I do a lot of thinking about this that and the other and I have some great ideas whilst doing other things on the computer mainly when I am reading. So I thought there are voice to text programs out there in Software land. I could use voice to text especially when reading to put my thoughts down as I have them as generally when I do so at the moment I can just sketch out a few of the most salient features of my thoughts and so when I revisit them and try and write out the thoughts I had I lose the trail of the thought that I was thinking at the time. That irks me because some of my best thoughts occur when I'm not paying to much attention to anything in particular and my mind is in free mode just ticking over.
So to the real Question.
Is there out there a Voice to Text program that runs well with any Linux OS?
If so what is the better two or three of the V2T programs?

I'll take the journey myself when I can.
Thanks for the link.
Begun the the journey on working on V2T as a user.
Going to go with Deep Speech as it is appears to be the only one that says that it it is V2T where the others are end to end speech recognition one even coming out of Facebooks lab.

I've got Mycroft installed. It's not dictation software. Think of it as Siri for Linux, except not an evil Apple product. :p

That being said, it would certainly be possible to take the backend from Mycroft and convert it into a dictation tool, although it might take programming experience.

Hmm... Maybe my next coding project? I already can think of some implementation ideas...

Thanks LorenDB and Lord Boltar. :)

In the Software Manager (LM 20.1) there is a program/app called Festival

Festival

Screenshot from 2021-05-30 11-01-07.png

It is also in my Software manager as well though it goes the opposite way, in that it converts text to voice. Which is good since my cousin is going blind and relies on text to voice as this makes it easier for him to read your text messages and email. A hereditary fault which showed up in two of my cousins and I have a sneaky suspicion that it is what affects one of my sons even though he was tested for it but was negative at the time.

I am sincerely glad my miniscule effort was not in vain.

Members online