Another free laptop

V

Videodrome

This is one of the benefits of using Linux. My neighbor just gave me a laptop with an I5 Intel CPU and 4 GB of Ram because it would full of malware crap.

I threw Linux Mint on it and it just runs fine. I seriously now have 3 Linux Laptops sitting around and thinking of giving one away to my brother.

man, you should tell me where do you live ..I'll move to be your neighbors neighbor :) :)

i5 4gb is a hell of a gift!!

This is one of the benefits of using Linux. My neighbor just gave me a laptop with an I5 Intel CPU and 4 GB of Ram because it would full of malware crap.

I threw Linux Mint on it and it just runs fine. I seriously now have 3 Linux Laptops sitting around and thinking of giving one away to my brother.
Awesome!!..... :D LOVE that little *PWOIP* that the windows make..... :3

man, you should tell me where do you live ..I'll move to be your neighbors neighbor :) :)

i5 4gb is a hell of a gift!!
Yeah..... :D If my Chromebook with 2GB of RAM can run Universe Sandbox with a small amount of Planets and/or Moons, imagine what Videodrome's new Laptop can do with it!..... :)

With that setup, you might want to try putting Debian on it. You mentioned earlier you were thinking of doing this.

Great machine!

With that setup, you might want to try putting Debian on it. You mentioned earlier you were thinking of doing this.

Great machine!

I put Mint on first because I figured it would come with the drivers and I was doing a quick demo of Linux for my neighbor.

I'll likely distro hop a bit while playing with this new laptop. I might try Arch on it just to see how fast it can go.

Members online