Android on ...

M

Mitt Green

Hi!

My question may seem crazy and strange but is there any way to install Android on a Windows Phone device? I was looking through the whole Net, met people who said "it's impossible!". Nevertheless, I don't want to believe (even though it is so).

Thank you all!

Nah, difficult, not impossible. Maybe you'll have to, say, write some modules/drivers if no generic one works, but that's definitely not impossible. Not too practical... But hey, if someone makes it possible and spreads the word (and software), then it won't be that hard.

It seems feasible as long as Androids kernel (a non-vanilla Linux kernel) has drivers for all of the hardware present. Also, the BIOS on a Windows Phone may have some features to prevent Linux kernels from booting (so look into that).

Impossible just means somebody has no clue what they are doing or what they are talking about. All through time people thought certain things were impossible (genetic engineering, round world, visiting the moon, etc.).

I do not know if the methods in the below links work, but here is something to start with.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/20703/run-android-on-your-windows-mobile-phone/

It seems feasible as long as Androids kernel (a non-vanilla Linux kernel) has drivers for all of the hardware present. Also, the BIOS on a Windows Phone may have some features to prevent Linux kernels from booting (so look into that).

Impossible just means somebody has no clue what they are doing or what they are talking about. All through time people thought certain things were impossible (genetic engineering, round world, visiting the moon, etc.).

I do not know if the methods in the below links work, but here is something to start with.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/20703/run-android-on-your-windows-mobile-phone/
I've seen this post earlier, it is how to install Android on Windows Mobile, in Windows Phone we don't have file explorer. We just have applications to watch pictures, videos and listen to music. I agree that there is nothing impossible in our world.