... And then there was Cooper.

We are looking at longterm travelling around the North Island of NZ, living out of a caravan.
Going where the work is.
Darren,
Isn't that the area where they have been filming the "Hobbit" series? Wouldn't it be fun to be an extra in one of those movies? Just something else to put on your list of cool things to do.:D

Would love to but they finished filming. Yes the Hobbit was filmed in the north island.

I have been off and on using the Ubuntu distros, but I'm learning how to use the CentOS, since that's the closest thing to RHEL I could find (even a Red Hat employee told me that on the phone; they said use that to test out my servers and clients via virtualization, without having to spend any money I could learn what I needed to).

I can remember Slackware back in 2004, when I was first toying around with trying to get Linux working on this oooold IBM PS/2 Model 80 386 server... Oh the days of the floppy... and of trying to use that terminal, with no Internet, just using man pages to figure out what does what.

I'm not partial to any distro, as I mainly am working in the terminal via SSH. I will say I really don't like Unity on Ubuntu. When I first saw it a couple of years ago, I wondered why they would even switch to something they mainly use... I still haven't seen it used as a GUI anywhere else.

What's your favorite distro?
Wow, a PS2 model 80. Gotta love that microchannel!:eek: