Alternatives to the apple cloud?

C

CrazedNerd

I really love my $1/month subscription to their cloud space...however, transfer speed is very slow given that you have to do it one file at a time. Even though this is probably the best balance between cost/security/storage-space (50GB), I'm wondering if there are any linux storage servers that you would like me to know about. I might even be willing to spend more cash on something like that. It's better to do all things linux, yet it's kinda impossible!

I really love my $1/month subscription to their cloud space...however, transfer speed is very slow given that you have to do it one file at a time. Even though this is probably the best balance between cost/security/storage-space (50GB), I'm wondering if there are any linux storage servers that you would like me to know about. I might even be willing to spend more cash on something like that. It's better to do all things linux, yet it's kinda impossible!
There are LOTS of linux cloud storage spaces that you don't have to pay for at all...

I host my own cloud setup by using Nextcloud on a vps, my pictures on my phone get uploaded there and some other stuff as well.

Part of the problem with cloud is there's TOO MUCH security, there's not a whole lot of integration, in terms of a desktop browser, so if you sign in to the wrong like, you have keep sitting by your phone. I logged in after i made this thread since i haven't been in a while, getting in took over 10 minutes lmfao, every step of the process requiring a call from apple, or "apple" if we want to get a little paranoid:D

I host my own cloud setup by using Nextcloud on a vps, my pictures on my phone get uploaded there and some other stuff as well.
what servers are you using? That's why i'm not ready for something like that, i bet you're using some organization's webspace

I'm hosting my own vpes on hardware, my important vpses I host on an external hosting provider.
And at home I have a Proxmox setup for services I only use in my homelan, with a few exceptions.

Staff online

Members online